You Bar

nickscutie
nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
edited September 29 in Food and Nutrition
Some of you may have noticed the You Bar ads that are running today. I just wanted to tell people that I have been buying You Bars for about 6 months now and they are fabulous. I have created my own and tried their pre-made recipes. Everything has been tasty except one bar I customized. I did not really like it, and I emailed them and Joel happily agreed to send me some replacements of my choosing or rework the bar I made, and I got to keep my other not so great bars.

They are a great company and this is a great product, a bit pricey but I highly recommend giving it a try if you can. They also have other customizable products - shakes, cereal, granola, and cookies.

Lastly - if you have a Groupon account, here is the link to their Groupon store: http://www.groupon.com/merchants/you-bar. They are currently running a deal.

Enjoy :)

Replies

• Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    They are running on your computer because you have searched them on that pc. Everyone sees the things they have looked at on their own personal computer. That is how MFP stays free. The site allows companies to see your computers cookies and then submits advertisements to you about things you are personally interested in.
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
  • yeahfatty
    yeahfatty Posts: 228 Member
    wow really? i'm kind of glad i don't have some freaky ads right about now then! ;-)
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    wow really? i'm kind of glad i don't have some freaky ads right about now then! ;-)

LOL! Right?? I searched flowers the other day and what do ya know? A 1-800-FLOWERS ad on MFP.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Thanks for the info on the bars. They look very interesting, but a bit pricey. I'll stick to Lara bars, which have very few ingredients (very similar to some of the YouBar options) and are delicious. I'll wait till they're on sale at the local grocery store for $1 each and buy a bunch. The idea of custom bars is awesome, but I'm just not willing to pay 3x what i pay for Lara bars.

www.larabar.com
  • They are running on your computer because you have searched them on that pc. Everyone sees the things they have looked at on their own personal computer. That is how MFP stays free. The site allows companies to see your computers cookies and then submits advertisements to you about things you are personally interested in.

Actually I have never heard of You Bar before and never searched for them and the ads were running on my computer as well.
This discussion has been closed.