On a MISSION to great KNEES

Options
I'm about 3 days old to the site. I'm hoping to connect with motivated and inspiring people on the journey for a sexy body and great health. I'm unemployed, home all day, and I usually don't have the car during the day. So I've started using EA Sports Active 2 (PS3). I'm starting on the Cardio Kick Start (Medium Intensity).

With 95 degree temps, I'm stuck wearing jeans because I absolutely HATE my knees. My goal is to have strong toned legs to wear some shorts and cute dresses (above the knees). I'm not sure how long this will take, but taking this first step is making me feel great already.

Hope to see you around during this great journey!

Replies

• lildazey
    lildazey Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I hate my knees too! I'm stuck wearing jeans, or capris. One day, I will have short skirt worthy legs! And you will too! Good luck!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I have several pairs of shorts that go right between the knees and of course Capris are a life saver. Many options out there wayyy more comfortable than jeans. Check out your local thrift stores (some are open until 9pm) to get a few non-jean options for only a few $ each. :) Don't buy new!
  • princessekrystale
    Options
    I hate my knees (and elbowns) because they are a lot darker than my skin color ...
    But that does not keep me from wearing skirts, shorts and dresses tho ...

What do you hate your knees for???
  • RyeLite
    RyeLite Posts: 17
    Options
    Simple... No Gym Required....Get yourself a Chair. Then Sit Down and Stand up a bunch of times in a row (dont forget to breathe).
    Pick a goal.
    3 sets of 10
    2 sets of 20
    4 sets of 40 or whatever...Find where you are, and continurally beat your last # next time you do it...

These are basically body squats. the chair will help you to keep the proper form, so you dont injure your back. When you get comfrtable enough add some weights. Holding a 5 lbs weight static will icorperate more upper body and tome the arms at the same time...

This will get the whole package, not just the knees...
  • missjaiy
    missjaiy Posts: 58
    Options
    I hate the pocket of fat that sits on the side of my knee. I can just grip it...UGH! And its so ugly when I walk.
    I used to hate the tone of my knees and elbows as well, but I found that shaving helps that a bit.
  • missjaiy
    Options
    RyeLite, I've been doing squats with the EA Sports game. I feel it more in my quads and gluts, so I'm hoping my knees will benefits soon.

I'm legs are so weak when doing lunges, I'm not sure if that has to do with my knees being weak or my quads, etc.
  • missjaiy
    Options
    Thanks lildazey! MFP has been great for motivation so far, so I'm sure I'll reach my goals! I hope you reach your goals as well and we can be some short shorts / sexy dresses wearing mamas!
  • RyeLite
    RyeLite Posts: 17
    Options
    I just saw that lookig over your exersize diary. What you are doing looks good...keep at it.
    If you can get to a gym, there is a Lef Extension machine. If you do that with your toes pointed in, i beileve it will target more of that area (inner knees). Do you still get sore from the EA workouts? If not, you body may have adjusted and it could be time to change it up or start added a bit of weight. Thoses exersize bands, are also good for a bit of extra resistance...
  • missjaiy
    Options
    I just saw that lookig over your exersize diary. What you are doing looks good...keep at it.
    If you can get to a gym, there is a Lef Extension machine. If you do that with your toes pointed in, i beileve it will target more of that area (inner knees). Do you still get sore from the EA workouts? If not, you body may have adjusted and it could be time to change it up or start added a bit of weight. Thoses exersize bands, are also good for a bit of extra resistance...

Thx, its good to hear someone else comment on my workouts! After years of going squats, I believe I've finally found my form :) Keeping the weight on the heels with toes pointed helps with strains and gives me more leverage. This being only 5 days since using the game, I'm still sore. Yet, since I've kept doing cardio (running, defense squats, mountainboarding) in between the program workouts, I'm not as sore. I've started using some 5 lbs weights, instead of the band. But when my shoulders feel too weak, I go back to the resistance band. I must say my knees don't hurt as much as they have in the past when doing those exercises, so I'm really thinking having the right form is helping.