Gas Station Blues

Options
So I travel about 4 hours both ways to go get my son bi-weekly and when I go to fill up with gas normally my son wants something to snack on. Most of the time Im also hungry by this time however not for a meal just a snack. Im wondering if anyone has any tips on what to get at a gas station. Today I just got a little container of cereal which equaled 170 calories and just drank water. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    So I travel about 4 hours both ways to go get my son bi-weekly and when I go to fill up with gas normally my son wants something to snack on. Most of the time Im also hungry by this time however not for a meal just a snack. Im wondering if anyone has any tips on what to get at a gas station. Today I just got a little container of cereal which equaled 170 calories and just drank water. :flowerforyou:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I'd say plan ahead...bring a little cooler of little treats...and when you fill up for gas let him get a snack (healthyish if possible!) but choose something from your cooler for yourself...even better bring a cooler of healthy kid friendly snacks and let him pick something out of there...and maybe just get a drink if you have to stop for gas...teach him great snacking habits now so he'll never have to go through the struggle we're all facing now!
  • stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    planning ahead is better on the pocket too--some places have yogurt, or nuts, or cheese sticks. Or WATER incase you are really thirsty vs. hungry
  • lsalazarii
    lsalazarii Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    What Brand New Laura said.... perfect response!!!!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. I would have never thought of that. Im so dense sometimes. lol. I will be doing this. And we are teaching our kids how to eat healthy. What we cook they eat and they are even eating boco burgers with us. LOL they don't know what they are however they think they taste great. When we go to wal-mart the kids will pick certain stuff and I will tell them that its not the healthiest for you. Then I will bring them to something healther.
  • liveagain
    liveagain Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone that it's best to plan ahead, however if you do find yourself hungry at the gas station beef jerky is usually pretty good. You've just got to watch what kind you buy and always check the nutrition facts. Jerky is high in protein and will keep you full with less, longer.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. I would have never thought of that. Im so dense sometimes. lol. I will be doing this. And we are teaching our kids how to eat healthy. What we cook they eat and they are even eating boco burgers with us. LOL they don't know what they are however they think they taste great. When we go to wal-mart the kids will pick certain stuff and I will tell them that its not the healthiest for you. Then I will bring them to something healther.

awesome!!!!:drinker: