I did the scary thing....

Squible
Squible Posts: 359 Member
edited September 29 in Motivation and Support
Took BEFORE pictures of myself yesterday! They actually made me cry when I saw them I looked horrible, with a double chin and just this massive round belly thing that has attached itself to me over the years.

I also did all my measurements and worked out the ratio for my waist and hips......I am classed as in the dangerous catergory... :( I'm only 22.

I'm so disappointed in myself for getting this way.

I need to take charge and deal with this and lose weight and get healthier.

Replies

• DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Well you have come to the right place. :o) You have taken the first step to healthy!
  • You can do it! Good luck!
  • brianna626
    brianna626 Posts: 156
    You are making a change now to be healthy, good luck!
  • fmorpurgo
    fmorpurgo Posts: 32
    Very brave, and you did it. Remember this moment, and remind yourself of it when you want to cheat. It works. Goooood luck, take it slow, and you will get there :):flowerforyou:
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Its always scary when you're starting out, and you actually see the numbers. It does get better, depending on how hard you work at it, but this site is amazing, and the people here sre super supportive and inspirational.
  • LexyDawn
    LexyDawn Posts: 113
    Don't beat yourself up. You have taken the first step, be proud of yourself and remember that you can do anything.
  • Hey --- look at it this way, you gotta start somewhere. I hate getting my picture taken because I feel and look like a cow. I always have to remind myself that it's a temporary thing. Just take it one day at a time.
  • HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Its such a good thing to know yourself and be ok with yourself. This is just the shell we wear.

I had lost over 100lbs about 8 years ago and had ripped up every pic of myself for like a decade because they were all "bad pictures". Now I have no record of my life.. who I was.. like I had no value. That's just sad!
  • Jenny56dreams
    Jenny56dreams Posts: 147 Member
    The scary part is over. You're moving on from that and into a healthier life. :) You can do it. :smile:
  • Fit_Rx
    Fit_Rx Posts: 16
    Don't be disappointed about where you are today ... just be excited for where you are going ...

The fact that you are here - taking pictures - means you are changing ... and we are all here to help! Fight the fight!

No more excuses.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Realizing it is half the battle. Now it is up to you to make the lifestyle change that will change your life forever. Take your time and do it the right way. There is no race. Slow and steady.
  • aly1221
    aly1221 Posts: 55
    starting new things IS scary...but if you can't see how far you've come then you can't be crazy proud of yourself when you get there!!! so file all that as the old you and keep focused of the you you're working to :)
    GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Don't beat yourself up. You have taken the first step, be proud of yourself and remember that you can do anything.

This! You'll do great and those pictures will be great to look at when you have nice new "after" ones to compare them to.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    I took before pictures yesterday too! And yes they were scary to look at, but I know at some point I will plateau and being able to see a visual difference between before and after will help me keep going.

Honestly I don't think I'd ever be able to post before pictures though. I'm not that brave.
  • Squible

No more excuses.

this is my main one.. if buying lunch I wouldnt think what was in the food i was buying...I would look at the calories and then shrug it off...telling myself "I have my whole life to change and lose weight." still thinking I was 16 and able to eat what I wanted.

Forgot to add I got my body fat % worked out and was in the poor range there too and it worked out that 30kg of my body weight Is FAT! Not good!
  • Squible
    Oh and I'll have to make sure I keep this topic in my topics section so I can look back and see all the great support from you guys....Thanks Loads!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    You've taken the first steps, and that's a brave thing. Welcome to MFP. :happy: Only you have the power to make changes in your life, and you can definitely reach your goals.
This discussion has been closed.