Trying to get back on Track

cristleb
cristleb Posts: 30
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I have had a rough year, with 3 miscarriages and all the depression i have stopped dieting. I need help to keep me on track.. any suggestions?

Replies

• I have had a rough year, with 3 miscarriages and all the depression i have stopped dieting. I need help to keep me on track.. any suggestions?
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Three miscarriages in one year? That's got to be hard to go through. 2097.gif

Have you talked to your doctor about the possibility of taking an antidepressant?

Only suggestion I can come up with is just to start fresh. Nothing wrong with that. Take it one day at a time.
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Getting on MFP was a great first step! And welcome!
    My suggestion is to not try to do it all at once and get discouraged.
    Make a list of all the healthy changes you want to make, like:

Park in the last spot so I'll walk a little more.
    Switch from whole milk to 2%.
    Stop drinking soda.
    Lift dumbells during commercials.
    (whatever - as long a list as you want)

Pick one item and work on it for a week. Then the next week pick another to add, and so on. It's easier to do if you have a plan.

The food tracking in MFP is awesome. I use it and it has been helping me. Best luck.
  • Wow, I feel for ya. Pat yourself on the back right now for getting yourself up and looking forward. This is already a great first step. :flowerforyou:
    We often don't recognize how difficult things are and how much we have already accomplished.
    I can't stress enough just inserting everything in MFP, then to start making those little changes like others have suggested like drinking lower fat milk. I'd suggest another couple of really easy changes: start reducing portion size, just a bit at first, then more later on. Another great change that i learned here was to not eat egg yolks all the time, but just the whites.
    Hang in there and know you've started your path :wink:
    Thomas
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Keep up the faith! :flowerforyou: I'm sure it must be hard, scary and discouraging, but you are young and have life ahead of you. It'll happen, when the time is right.

Get hubby out for a walk. Talk things over, talk about everything. Walks are a good way to burn calories, you'd be surprised. Don't let a bad day put you off. I have lows, I binge, but I don't give up. Nobody's perfect, but we always have the chance of working towards perfection. :wink: Log in all foods, as people say. You'll know what goes on, what you can eat in bigger quantities, and what is to be seen as just a treat, every now and then. And you need to come up with something else to comfort you, than food. Which ain't easy, I know!

Trust yourself! You can do it! :flowerforyou: Come and tell us how it's going. We're all in this together. We all fail, we all get up and start again - take each day at a time. We're not judging you, because if we'd think we're smoking hot, we would not be here! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.