Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pancakes

Options

Replies

• maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Could you add chocolate flavoured protein powder?

I'm sure you could, in place of the cocoa powder (or along with it...I'm not quite familiar with how chocolate protein powder tastes). I was really just sort of winging it, trying new things to see what worked.

I wanted to also mention that I used 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and I liked the sweetness level, but you could certainly test out other things and try using your favorite sweetener or adjust the brown sugar to be more or less depending on what you personally like. One of the great things about this recipe is it makes 1 serving, so you're not stuck making 10+ extra pancakes that sit there taunting you from the fridge! Plus it frees you up to make a new variation every day if you so desire! I tried peanut butter in it one day but it wasn't as noticeably "peanut buttery" as I thought it would be, so I probably won't try it again..peanut butter is a lot of calories!
  • TonysMiss
    TonysMiss Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    bump:smile:
  • SaddyPants
    SaddyPants Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Definitely trying these!
  • kateopotato
    kateopotato Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    sounds freakin' delicious! Will have to try them out for sure
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Made these this morning - I left out the pinch of baking soda and cut the baking powder in half, and they still cooked up just fine, with much less sodium. Delicious!
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    ummm, bumping for later!! *drool*
  • maygans
    Options
    Made these this morning - I left out the pinch of baking soda and cut the baking powder in half, and they still cooked up just fine, with much less sodium. Delicious!

Yeah, I don't worry about my sodium personally because I've always been a fiend for drinking lots of water (I've never been a soda fan...unless there's alcohol mixed in but that's not a regular thing!) and my sodium levels are usually under 2500 anyway. It's good that you experimented with what works for you! Which ones did you try?
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options

Yeah, I don't worry about my sodium personally because I've always been a fiend for drinking lots of water (I've never been a soda fan...unless there's alcohol mixed in but that's not a regular thing!) and my sodium levels are usually under 2500 anyway. It's good that you experimented with what works for you! Which ones did you try?

I made the brownie pancakes, as I had no chocolate chips at home.

I try to keep my sodium levels at or under 1500/day, since more groups/organizations are starting to recommend that *everyone* keep their sodium low. So, the ~900mg of sodium in the batch is just a bit much for one meal!
  • RFrick
    RFrick Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    bump :bigsmile:
  • kristygay
    kristygay Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    bump!:love:
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I made the brownie ones tonight... here are my changes and thoughts...

Changes
    -I did not have any coconut extract, so I used twice the amount of vanilla - though I usually double vanilla in ANY recipe I'm making, so maybe not so different, haha.
    -Did not use any salt.
    -Used almost a half a cup of water.
    -Used only 1/2 tsp of baking soda

Thoughts and Observations
    -This recipe makes 3 average sized pancakes.
    -My pancakes were on the thicker side, and chewy - very brownie-like indeed, as the name suggests. If you like thinner pancakes, add more than half a cup of water! Next time I will probably make them thinner. I like floppier pancakes vs. actual cake like pancakes.
    -I put peanut butter and a little bit of syrup on mine. They have more of a rich chocolate taste than a sweet chocolate taste, if that makes sense. Pretty tasty! I put peanut butter on all my regular pancakes, but peanut butter on chocolate pancakes? Amazing.

I will definitely make these again, and I'll have to try the cookie dough ones as well! These were easy to make, quick cooking and cleanup, and an excellent calorie spend.

Lastly, the fact that my oatmeal has been expired for 8 months did not make them any less tasty. =)
  • maygans
    Options
    I made the brownie ones tonight... here are my changes and thoughts...

Changes
    -I did not have any coconut extract, so I used twice the amount of vanilla - though I usually double vanilla in ANY recipe I'm making, so maybe not so different, haha.
    -Did not use any salt.
    -Used almost a half a cup of water.
    -Used only 1/2 tsp of baking soda

Thoughts and Observations
    -This recipe makes 3 average sized pancakes.
    -My pancakes were on the thicker side, and chewy - very brownie-like indeed, as the name suggests. If you like thinner pancakes, add more than half a cup of water! Next time I will probably make them thinner. I like floppier pancakes vs. actual cake like pancakes.
    -I put peanut butter and a little bit of syrup on mine. They have more of a rich chocolate taste than a sweet chocolate taste, if that makes sense. Pretty tasty! I put peanut butter on all my regular pancakes, but peanut butter on chocolate pancakes? Amazing.

I will definitely make these again, and I'll have to try the cookie dough ones as well! These were easy to make, quick cooking and cleanup, and an excellent calorie spend.

Lastly, the fact that my oatmeal has been expired for 8 months did not make them any less tasty. =)

Thank you for this post!!!! I added the coconut extract on a whim (the cookie dough one had almond extract and I thought hey coconut might taste good instead, since I couldn't find the almond in the cupboard) and I just kept everything the same as the cookie dough recipe for the brownie ones (since the first time I made them I thought I had chocolate chips!), but I was thinking after I posted the recipe that it really didn't NEED the coconut extract in that one, or the pinch of baking soda. The dark cocoa overpowers all of that. On the vanilla...I actually already doubled it from her original recipe, I double the vanilla in all my recipes too! I usually only use about 1/4c of water and maybe another tablespoon, but I like my pancakes really thick, so it's definitely a personal preference there. Something I really liked about the recipe was that it was only water, so you don't feel like you're adding unnecessary calories with milk or any other liquid if you increase the amount to make the type of pancakes you enjoy. I've also forgotten the salt a few times, I think it's just a flavor thing but not really necessary, I might leave it out from now on because I don't think it's really adding much to the pancakes. Also someone else said they did only 1/2 tsp of baking powder and the results were still good so I might experiment with adding less of that as well.

It's so hard to explain the "rich chocolate" taste to people! It's less sweet and more like dark chocolate. I was considering putting peanut butter on top of them (to get like a peanut butter brownie type of a feeling) but I hadn't tried it yet. But I'm glad you did, I LOVE putting peanut butter on pancakes (I though I was the only one! Do you do it with frozen waffles too?? One of my favorite snacks)! Thanks again for posting this! I always love hearing when people try out my recipes and what they think :)
  • dtrm88
    dtrm88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish!!
  • TopazCarey
    TopazCarey Posts: 263
    Options
    Sounds absolutely divine.
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    so making this
  • lindsay6694
    lindsay6694 Posts: 182
    Options
    bump.
  • breezad
    breezad Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    288cal for each pancake?? if it makes 3-4 does that mena all 4 are 1152calories??
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    288cal for each pancake?? if it makes 3-4 does that mena all 4 are 1152calories??

No, that's for the whole recipe (it makes multiple small to medium pancakes, but the whole batch is one serving).
  • breezad
    breezad Posts: 237 Member
    Options

No, that's for the whole recipe (it makes multiple small to medium pancakes, but the whole batch is one serving).

hahah YAY!!!!! aweosme!!! thank you thank you!!! xx
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Wow this sounds yummy :)