Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    How about the "Dance moves" - how do you figure those out? LOL

:laugh:

Just gotta get out there and shake it!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    When should you do Zumba? Because you like it. Because you have fun doing it. Don't worry if you look like an injured baboon. That is a stage that will pass. You don't walk like you did when you first starting walking. You will get better with practice. The best people to dance with are the people who are enjoying themselves not the ones who are the best. The ones who are enjoying themselves smile and are wanting you to join in the fun.

i agree i do better every week, and every week i look less and less like a dying water buffelo

You can't look any worse than me LOL :)
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    OMG you people are making me nervous - I am finally going to try my first ever Zumba class on Wednesday and I am scared silly!

Don't be nervous. It's a TON of fun! Just get out there and do what you can. You'll be surprised at how supportive the veteran Zumba-ers are. Just find someone who looks like they know what they're doing, stand behind them, and mimic the moves they make. I find it hard to follow the instructor because I have to mirror them, but if I can stand behind someone it's a lot easier for me.
  • pmorgan813
    pmorgan813 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Don't be nervous. It's a TON of fun! Just get out there and do what you can. You'll be surprised at how supportive the veteran Zumba-ers are. Just find someone who looks like they know what they're doing, stand behind them, and mimic the moves they make. I find it hard to follow the instructor because I have to mirror them, but if I can stand behind someone it's a lot easier for me.
    [/quote]

Oops...my quote didn't work right sorry! :ohwell:

That's great advice! Beside the fact that I have no rythem I may have been making it harder than it needed to be by trying to mirror the wii instructor...Ok now I'm feeling encouraged to go to a Zumba class and stand at the back of the line :)