Hard to find the motivation again!

Options
It's only 10 pounds. I've lost it before, and I know what to do. But I am finding it hard to find the motivation to lose the weight, feel good about myself, and keep it off. It's like I can't find anything to look forward to, and I even consider myself happy and lucky in life. But that magic thing, the ever elusive joy and rapture of life, is missing lately. I know if I could just find it again, I could get back on track. I also think if I had a buddy to check in and monitor one another's progress, It could be easier. Anyone out there who wants to lose 10 pounds?

Replies

• ymango
    ymango Posts: 10
    Options
    It's only 10 pounds. I've lost it before, and I know what to do. But I am finding it hard to find the motivation to lose the weight, feel good about myself, and keep it off. It's like I can't find anything to look forward to, and I even consider myself happy and lucky in life. But that magic thing, the ever elusive joy and rapture of life, is missing lately. I know if I could just find it again, I could get back on track. I also think if I had a buddy to check in and monitor one another's progress, It could be easier. Anyone out there who wants to lose 10 pounds?
  • battykatty2002
    Options
    i've 14lbs to go and like you a find the motivation hard so i'll be happy to buddy up and help, i usually check in on a friday morning, but i log food and exercise daily so i'm on the site a bit,
  • valerierackly
    Options
    yes. i too find it hard. I've only started a month ago, after giving up durin the summer. but i have started back up again. and the first few weeks seemed to go fine. I lost six pounds but i seem to have hit a stop. I am exersizing at the gym and doing a pilates class. I am also keeping with-in my daily food allowance, but i seem to have hit a brick wall with my wieght. its hard to keep going. Its really frustraiting.:explode: but we have to keep on.
    I'll keep intouch if you like. We have to not be too hard on ourselves. an off day is fine just dont let it happen too often. Thats what i do.
    how have you done today.
    You sound like your having a little self confidence trouble.
    You know if you are happy and are only ten pounds over may be you don't really need to diet, just love your-self a little more.
  • brownewell94
    brownewell94 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I did good losing weight over the summer. Now I'm back to what I consider a job. PTO, subbing for secretary at my kids' school, and I have no motivation at all. I start over every Monday, but get the weight I gained lost by Friday, and gorge myself on the wekends. I can come up with some doozies of excuses.

Anyway, I'm back to try again!!
  • ymango
    Options
    Thanks for writing! My name is Michelle, and you can check in anytime with me. I'm on a mission to stop hiding my feelings behind the binging...that means, guess what? I have to Face the things that are bothering me. I might actually CRY or something, instead of buring my feelings under chocolate.

HOWEVER...I am not giving up chocolate, or my favorite foods, or good wine for that matter. I'm just on a quest to STOP MASKING my feelings behind food! Food is my passion; I live in France and I work on new recipes all the time. But you know, French women are not so fat. And there are plenty of fit chefs. They have other ways of dealing with life's ups and downs. They move, they walk (some smoke, but I don't aspire to this or any other unhealthy means of avoiding food)

So, I am embarking on an experiment of allowing myself to eat...when I'm hungry...not when I am sad, mad, bored, or for any other reason than to enjoy my meal when it is time to eat. I hope that my healthier choices will result in less binging, and a sleeker silhouette!

What do you think?

Michelle
  • ymango
    Options
    Thanks for writing! My name is Michelle, and you can check in anytime with me. I'm on a mission to stop hiding my feelings behind the binging...that means, guess what? I have to Face the things that are bothering me. I might actually CRY or something, instead of buring my feelings under chocolate.

HOWEVER...I am not giving up chocolate, or my favorite foods, or good wine for that matter. I'm just on a quest to STOP MASKING my feelings behind food! Food is my passion; I live in France and I work on new recipes all the time. But you know, French women are not so fat. And there are plenty of fit chefs. They have other ways of dealing with life's ups and downs. They move, they walk (some smoke, but I don't aspire to this or any other unhealthy means of avoiding food)

So, I am embarking on an experiment of allowing myself to eat...when I'm hungry...not when I am sad, mad, bored, or for any other reason than to enjoy my meal when it is time to eat. I hope that my healthier choices will result in less binging, and a sleeker silhouette!

What do you think?

Michelle
  • ymango
    Options

What do you think?

Michelle
  • ymango
    Options

What do you think?

Michelle
  • valerierackly
    Options
    thats the spirit. good on ya. you will get there.
    "I wonder why it is we are most scared of ourselves."?
    You know you'll be great .
    Take care. Valerie.