how often do you workout?

Options
ladylu11
ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
I am curious how many days a week people are working out and how many times a day do you workout????

Replies

• sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I try to work out 5-6 days a week although even on my days off I usually will at least take a walk or row the canoe or something else that involves moving. And I have been working out twice a day, if you include my evening walks as well as my trip to the gym or dvd.
  • missjaiy
    missjaiy Posts: 58
    Options
    Great question! I'm using EA Sports Active 2 for my workouts and my program includes 4x/week. If I feel I'm not burning enough or if I know I can push myself more, I'll get in another workout. So my max is 2x/day, up to 4-5x/week.

What's your regimen?
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    not nearly as much as i should be lately. but i TRY to work out once every day for an hr-hr and a half and i usually takes sunday off.
  • ksmarathon2010
    Options
    Everyday at least twice, if not 3 times. Either bike, walking, wii, or stationary bike. I don't feel good if I don't at least twice.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    6 days a week. Have done an occassional light workout on the 7th day.

You just have to find what works for you!
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Usually 5-6 days a week with interval training. :smile:
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    once per day--7 days a week- but some days are lighter than others and I try to burn at least 300 cals per day.
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I do cardio every day and strength every other... I only work out 1 time a day but it is always for 45 min or more.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Every day, 2x a day most days... but only a half hour walk with the dogs at a brisk pace in the morning and then Ashtanga Yoga 6 days a week. It does the job. Once you get in the habit it makes you feel bad not too... at least it did for me. Sometimes I only do five days...
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Man - I thought I was good until I read the others above! I work out 5x a week for 1 - 2hrs a time, once a day. I aim to burn 700cals minimum each time.
  • Jlongblade
    Jlongblade Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    5-6 nights a week various P90x workouts. Not really following the program just using it to burn calories. My wife and I bounce between that and Insanity to burn calories.
  • Jlongblade
    Jlongblade Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    5-6 nights a week various P90x workouts. Not really following the program just using it to burn calories. My wife and I bounce between that and Insanity to burn calories.
  • loseatonlady
    loseatonlady Posts: 160
    Options
    I had been working out 6 days a week for long time. I've been at a plateau for long time fitness wise & a trainer friend suggested I cut back to 4 days a week and really focus on my diet. The combination seems to be working. I do CrossFIT type training 2 days a week, Pure cardio one and weight training the other. I am about 8# from my goal finally! Rest & recovery is needed and just as important.
  • spinurbuttoff
    Options
    5-6 days a week for an hour or more; however, I try to do something on my off days (like walk the dog).
  • ATXJudie
    ATXJudie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I try to work out 5-6 days a week. Usually 3 days of boot camp and 2-3 days of plain old cardio. I also try to be active in some form or fashion on the weekends, taking walks or something of the sort...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I exercise for 1 hour a day 6 days a week. 3 or 4 days a week I try to add some desk push ups and resistance band arm work during breaks at work (20 - 30 min total).
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I workout 5 - 6 times a week.
    1.5 - 2.0 hrs per workout.
    My training is Martial Arts. I attend 2 Capoeira classes + 2 Jeet Kune Do classes and I usually hit the gym another 1 - 2 days for strength, cardio and sparring depending upon who is at the gym.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    For my first 3.75 months of dieting, 2x a month; lost my 42lbs that way by pretty much diet alone... but i just started a biggest loser competition on tuesday so im trying to do as much as possible to eat perfect and excercise plenty...

I now excercise 3 x a day, 7 days a week.

When I get out of bed in the morning, i turn on music (rap music makes me dance and sweat more); while dancing Im holding 3lb weights in each hand, and i punch the air--above me, downwards, in front of me; i pretend like im throwing the weight over my shoulders and then swinging my arm all the way down and as far back as my arm will bend; when my shoulders start to hurt from lifting, i then jog in place for a couple minutes, and switch back to dancing with the weights and doing more things that dont involve my shoulders lifting--like having the weights in my hand and moving lower arms alot--up & down etc. When I get bored with that, I switch to resistance bands, i step on the band and pull the band with each arm as many times as i can; i then switch to doing as many sit ups as i can, followed by leg lifts and toe touches, etc while in the sitting/laying positions... i then get back up and do crazy weights again flailing my arms around and punching the air, then jog some more.. i do all of this to the beat of the music and most of it im dancing as well as lifting the weights, twisting my body as much as possible.. then when im getting tired I end with no weights in hands and do ghetto type dancing, just going as fast as possible like youll see in some music videos and such...

I do this every morning for 20-30 minutes; and then when i get home from work i do 10minutes of just dancing (no sit-ups, etc), and before bed i do another 15-20minutes of the same work out i did in the morning...burn over 700calories. I also take walks when possible during breaks at work (not often).
  • wanttogetskinny
    Options
    When I can? I have some medical issues that are standing in my way right now. I fatigue very easily because of a heart condition as well. So I try, but right now I'm just not getting much done :(

Yesterday I walked for about 40 minutes, and today I did about....6? minutes of cardio. Sad, I know.
  • avenathus
    avenathus Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I do 5-7 days a week. Most of my workouts are around an hour, sometimes they are 30 minutes, and sometimes I can only squeeze in a 15 minute jog.