What do you think?

Options
I am a stay at home mom and run a daycare. When I first started MFP, I had my settings set to sedentary. I lost for awhile and then stalled. So, I changed my settings to lightly active and was losing up until about 4 weeks ago, and now I'm stuck again. The scale and the measuring tape have stayed the same, although my clothes are fitting better still. I started a part time job working at Culver's, a local fast food restaurant, 2 weeks ago. I do a LOT of moving, lifting buns, up and down, etc. I am confused as to if I should re-change my settings or what I should do?! Also, I try to exercise about 90 mins a week, I know it doesn't sound like a whole lot, but coming from someone who had literally not exercised for 7 years, it's a BIG step for me. Thanks in advance for your input!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I just came off a week long plateau... I upped my calories for a couple days and then dropped them back down and worked my butt off literally!! I just finally lost half a pound over the last couple days.
  • kathywoo10
    kathywoo10 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    This is a really good blog that helped me with my plateau:

http://fitnesswithnatalie.blogspot.com/2011/05/most-dreaded-word-in-weight-loss.html
  • kathywoo10
    kathywoo10 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I just came off a week long plateau... I upped my calories for a couple days and then dropped them back down and worked my butt off literally!! I just finally lost half a pound over the last couple days.

I did the same thing. I upped my calories for a weekend and then dropped them back down and it helped.
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Remember, scale isn't the only indicator of success. The clothes feeling better is a significant success. That being said, change something up. You might increase (or decrease) your calories by 100 for a few days and see what happens. Also, change up your exercise routine. Remember that as you lose weight it will take more effort at exercising to achieve the same calorie burn as when you were heavier, so doing the same exercise, in essence is like doing less exercise when you weigh less. If you use a calories burned calculator, you will note that the calorie burn will be higher at a higher weight than at a lower weight.
  • rainbowbuggy
    rainbowbuggy Posts: 320
    Options
    I am thinking you will probably need to change some things up...maybe the exercise or something?
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I saw this link in another post yesterday and it makes a TON of sense to me. Hopefully it'll help you too! Good luck!

http://fitnesswithnatalie.blogspot.com/2011/05/most-dreaded-word-in-weight-loss.html