MFP Runners Club-October 13

Options
Hello all! Sounds like some of you had great races and runs this weekend. Fantastic!

I did a relaxed 3 miles this morning, and then some back and arms.

Get your weeks off to a great start out there!

Replies

• 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Sounds like some of you had great races and runs this weekend. Fantastic!

• Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    Did 9 miles on Saturday ... walked about 20 miles yesterday (was at a theme park for 12 hours) ... and today I'm RESTING!!! :tongue:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

I'm resting today too. I ran 13 miles yesterday!

Last night, I watched Spirit of the Marathon. It was a great movie. Check it out.

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    No running for me today. Had bootcamp this am and will do a strength training class later today. Everybody have a great run or rest day.:flowerforyou:
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I got an hour run in today! I can't wait for my race on Saturday!!!!!
  • tekrueger
    Options
    Hi :smile: I hope I can join your club; what are the memebership fees? :happy:
    I'm getting back to MFP after being away awhile.
    Yesterday, I got back up to my 15 km, running around a grass airfield out where I live.
    On Saturday, I just ran 5 km as I am still getting over a cold after 5 days :frown:

Great to be back and hope to learn from all of you.
    Just to let you know who I am, I am an American living in Italy for a LONG time. I swim long distance races and got into running as a way to lose weight and swim faster.
    Now running has become important to me in its own right along with racing some short tiathlons this year.
    I'm hoping to try my first half-marathon this or next month so if any one has got any great suggestions, just let me know. I'm all ears :happy:
    Thomas
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hi :smile: I hope I can join your club; what are the memebership fees? :happy:
    I'm getting back to MFP after being away awhile.
    Yesterday, I got back up to my 15 km, running around a grass airfield out where I live.
    On Saturday, I just ran 5 km as I am still getting over a cold after 5 days :frown:

Great to be back and hope to learn from all of you.
    Just to let you know who I am, I am an American living in Italy for a LONG time. I swim long distance races and got into running as a way to lose weight and swim faster.
    Now running has become important to me in its own right along with racing some short tiathlons this year.
    I'm hoping to try my first half-marathon this or next month so if any one has got any great suggestions, just let me know. I'm all ears :happy:
    Thomas

Hey Thomas!! I'm a triathlete myself! I got into swimming after some running injuries! I've run a marathon, a couple half marathons, and some shorter distances. Are you following any sort of training plan? Welcome to the runners club. You can just pay your dues to me, thanks. J/k!! :laugh:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I got an hour run in today! I can't wait for my race on Saturday!!!!!

Good run and good luck!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hi, Runners!! Well, I think I'm going to get back to running this week. Not today, I'm going to hit the treadmill tomorrow to test out my leg first. I did hit the weights hard and am still sore from Friday's workout!! (legs & back)

I'm going to do P90X Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps today and Ab Ripper X.

Have a good one!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

I'm resting today too. I ran 13 miles yesterday!

Last night, I watched Spirit of the Marathon. It was a great movie. Check it out.

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.

Great run, Kechie!!! I haven't seen it yet but have heard great things about it!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Did 9 miles on Saturday ... walked about 20 miles yesterday (was at a theme park for 12 hours) ... and today I'm RESTING!!! :tongue:

Great job on the 9 miles!! Ooh, I'm jealous of the theme park!! :tongue:

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options

Hey girl!! How are you liking the P90X workouts?? They're tough aren't they? Glad that you're still fitting in the running also! Email me anytime!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    No running for me today. Had bootcamp this am and will do a strength training class later today. Everybody have a great run or rest day.:flowerforyou:

Bootcamp sounds like fun! I'd love to take a class. Enjoy your strength training!

Jess
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Jess, I hope your leg is better and you can start running again.

My shin is starting to act up again but I have to push right now for my next adventure.
  • tekrueger
    Options
    Hey Thomas!! I'm a triathlete myself! I got into swimming after some running injuries! I've run a marathon, a couple half marathons, and some shorter distances. Are you following any sort of training plan? Welcome to the runners club. You can just pay your dues to me, thanks. J/k!! :laugh:

I'm not following any training plan fr running now.
    Swim season has ended and so have the triathlons here. I am n swim training right now for the build up to indoor swimming events (50-1500 meters) that will start at the end of December and on into June.
    Now, I've got to decide what race to do next out this way.
    I'll get back to you for some help on a plan.:wink: in the mantime any suggstions or sites you suggest to check out???
    As for the dues the check's in the mail :laugh:
    Thomas
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Welcome Thomas!:flowerforyou:

Runnersworld.com is my source for all things running.

best
    -Kechie.
  • tekrueger
    Options
    Welcome Thomas!:flowerforyou:

Runnersworld.com is my source for all things running.

best
    -Kechie.
    Thanks Kechie :flowerforyou:
    I'm a runner by chance, but I do love it especially in the summer when I can run from my house, there's the sun and the world just feels good!
    Thomas
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I didn't run today, it was my cross-training day but instead of cycling I did a leg day. I didn't do legs last week because I wanted to ease into my training. Today I did all endurance work, 12-15 reps, for 55 minutes. My legs are toast! I hope I can still do my four miles tomorrow. :ohwell: I will have to work on balancing my lifting and running so I can keep doing both.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I'm not following any training plan fr running now.
    Swim season has ended and so have the triathlons here. I am n swim training right now for the build up to indoor swimming events (50-1500 meters) that will start at the end of December and on into June.
    Now, I've got to decide what race to do next out this way.
    I'll get back to you for some help on a plan.:wink: in the mantime any suggstions or sites you suggest to check out???
    As for the dues the check's in the mail :laugh:
    Thomas

I agree, runnersworld is great. I used to use Hal Higdon when his training plans were free, but now there's a charge!! I try not to run more than 3 days a week just because I've had injuries and find that running more really doesn't help my running. I like to cross train, biking, elliptical, and I use P90X for strength training. What are your long runs for your training now? For my first half marathon, I only did 10 miles for my longest run, but for my 2nd I ran up to 14. I felt better prepared the 2nd time (of course, I'd been running longer by that point also). I'm signing up for a half in May, can't wait!

Jess
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    I have to put the plug in for Runner's World also. I followed the Smart Coach personalized program to prepare for a 20K in May. I was very prepared-not fast, but prepared. Currently, I am following a Hal Higdon program a running friend printed off-I'm pretty sure she didn't pay, and she just printed it a month or so ago. Anyway, I'm using the 10K program to prepare to run 6 as a part of a team relay for a local marathon. I'll let you know Sunday how it goes :wink: