Power Balance bracelet?

Options
JPayne53
JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
I have just invested in a Power Balance bracelet; ever hear of it? It's an ionizing bracelet to help aid in balance, energy, and strength using a similar concept to the bronze metals for arthritis but with a plastic band and holographic image, (Not anything big, found it on Amazon for $5).. I have seen commercials on TV and I have to say I thought it was a gimmick until a friend had me actually try some of the balance tests recommended and I did some research on several brands (all which seems to have the same basic scientific "evidence", purpose, tests behind them, and positive results) , but like with any and everything out there on the market I still have my doubts. I have had others perform the same tests with the Power Balance bracelet and did not see any results like I did when I performed them... so my thoughts are... Is it all in my head and I just got scammed? Are my ions just out of line and theirs aren't? Did I even demonstrate the test right? So I think my question today is... has anyone out there used a Power Balance bracelet and what is your opinion?

Replies

• jackiebo
    jackiebo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you just lost $5. Could've been worse, though.
  • HealthierIn2011
    Options
    I had one until it broke. I don't know that it really did anything but I liked the way it looked and I figured it's certainly not hurting anything. My husband's co-worker does martial arts and he thinks that it helps him out.
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options

I agree.. could have been worse. The owner of the company himself stated that there wasn't anything special about it. LOL!
  • teri_cmc
    teri_cmc Posts: 21
    Options
    Even if it is "in your head" - if it works, why not?
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    They had a segment on the Doctors that said they don't work. They took a group of people through several exercises with the bands on and off and there was no difference in the two. I think it is the placebo effect.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    My daughter got one from an uncle and she said she didn't feel a difference lol.. I never tried it so I wouldn't know.
  • JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your input... Bummer
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I believe they are awesome and make me stronger and faster!

I also believe in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny...
  • leigh8210
    leigh8210 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wessie!! You saw the tests we did... You saw what it did. There are knockoff's out there that dont work. You know that we didnt waste money. You just have to be careful with where and who you have bought them from. I have noticed a difference in my balance while doing Insanity with this and also while playing volleyball. I also feel better through out the day while wearing it. Just have to do your research and make sure its the legit one. My opinion of course....
  • Teemo
    Teemo Posts: 338
    Options
    lol, I have one mainly because I like the way it looks. Does it do anything? Probably not but I don't really mind. Even if it's a placebo effect it's still an effect!
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options

:drinker: