Stronger Better Faster Oct 13th

Options
Good morning!
Did everyone get a restful night of sleep? I woke up a little stressed. It's going to be busy today and tomorrow morning and I got worried about how Alex is going to handle it all. He's liable to shut himself in his room again.
This morning is cleaning and push ups. This afternoon is a party at a bounce house. Anybody have any ideas how many calories you burn on the bouncers?:tongue: I looked at trampoline jumping and it was about 250 an hour. I hope to burn a little more than that!
Then a therapist comes tonight about half an hour after the party. Not much unwind time. Then tomorrow morning two therapists are coming over to watch Alex play with some friends. We should both be exhausted by tomorrow afternoon!
I had a fun weekend but I did not eat well at all. After cake today I'm getting it back under control. I'm thinking about putting Alex on a restrictive diet again to see if he has problems with some foods other than wheat and dairy. I may have to eat that way myself. I will probably lose a few pounds! Something I eat makes me really grouchy and I haven't found it yet. It's either chocolate or peanut butter I think. :cry:
Okay that's my book for the day! Thanks for taking out 20 minutes of your day to read it!
Have a happy day!
MM

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Did everyone get a restful night of sleep? I woke up a little stressed. It's going to be busy today and tomorrow morning and I got worried about how Alex is going to handle it all. He's liable to shut himself in his room again.
    This morning is cleaning and push ups. This afternoon is a party at a bounce house. Anybody have any ideas how many calories you burn on the bouncers?:tongue: I looked at trampoline jumping and it was about 250 an hour. I hope to burn a little more than that!
    Then a therapist comes tonight about half an hour after the party. Not much unwind time. Then tomorrow morning two therapists are coming over to watch Alex play with some friends. We should both be exhausted by tomorrow afternoon!
    I had a fun weekend but I did not eat well at all. After cake today I'm getting it back under control. I'm thinking about putting Alex on a restrictive diet again to see if he has problems with some foods other than wheat and dairy. I may have to eat that way myself. I will probably lose a few pounds! Something I eat makes me really grouchy and I haven't found it yet. It's either chocolate or peanut butter I think. :cry:
    Okay that's my book for the day! Thanks for taking out 20 minutes of your day to read it!
    Have a happy day!
    MM
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I had a great weekend! Especially yesterday, since we cleaned from the moment I got of work, until the time we went to bed. My bf's mom and little brother came over to help because she was bored! :noway: I don't think I'd ever be bored to the point of doing somebody else's dirty, stinky dishes. Haha, I wasn't complaining now! I also got outside in the sun and got about half the yard mowed, so I should finish the other half tonight. I want to make sure everythings done and super clean before I leave for Texas Thursday morning. I don't want to leave my bf with a dirty house...plus I know he won't do any of it while I'm gone. :laugh:

So today is...
    Staying in calories
    Finish mowing lawn
    Laundry
    And checklist for my trip!

:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    I would guess that bouncing around in those inflatable things burns more than 250 calories/hour - probably twice that. I've never made it an hour in one of those.

Yesterday I went for a 90 minute bike ride and 30 min walk. I hope to get a ride in today, but I'm waiting to see if it rains or not. I would like to get some veggies in the ground before it does. It looks like it's going to start any minute now though.
    So far it looks like perfect weather for the ride on Saturday: high 86, low 63, light wind. I was worried about a cool front coming in and riding against 20 mph winds.

Happy workouts y'all!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: Hardly, my dear. Good luck with your busy day and have fun at the bounce house!
    Mary - Thank you for the Feliway tip. I will try to pick some up this week and anticipate newfound kitty harmony! :smile:
    Happy Thanksgiving, Vivia and Carrie (and any other Canucks I may have missed)! Enjoy your day and remember all that you are thankful for.

I have been thinking about my goals. I still have about 10 pounds that I want to lose, but I am feeling pretty good about the 50 that I have already lost. The truth is, I really need to spend the next few months focusing on my schoolwork, so I am not going to be overly ambitious in setting particular weight loss goals or major lifestyle changes for myself. I tend to have a problem prioritizing, and when I have competing priorities, the hardest one (in this case, school) tends to lose out. Believe it or not, focusing on calories and workouts is more fun than school! What I really need to do is make sure I can stay on track and at least maintain when life gets crazy.

So, my REALISTIC goals for this challenge (until American Thanksgiving):
    10 hrs/week on my project, minimum
    54-81 oz. water daily (2-3 of my Klean Kanteen bottles) - especially on weekends, I tend to forget
    Vitamins daily - I can't say I've really noticed much difference from taking them, but I'll keep it up for now
    Push-ups 3x/week - maybe by Thanksgiving I'll make 100! Or at least 50.
    Cardio and/or Shred 3x/week, plus walks 2-3x/week
    Maintain my loss so far

Have a great day. :flowerforyou: (edited to fix the emoticon - I accidentally hit the exploding guy before!)
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I'm alive, barely :noway: The personal trainer/coach just kicked my butt for an hour, then I took her out to the track and kicked her butt! :laugh: Paybacks a B*%&#! I assure you I will have to crawl to the computer tomorrow and even then may not be able to turn it on:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Melissa, no, Ian's not autistic, I just thoroughly understand the terrible twos right now. Ian starts crying, then my husband gets frustrated and they both end up in a who can be the loudest match. I'm going to lose my sanity if this doesn't change soon! I swear, Ian needs a padded room to run around in, I need one with a straight jacket :tongue:

cp, don't give up entirely on the exercise. That was the only thing that made school bearable some days. And check your vitamins for the Bs. B-complex is notorious for helping our bodies handle stress and for me, PMS. Bs are water soluble, so even if you take extra, worst case is you'll urinate it out so no worries on overdosing. Urine may look like yellow/orange gatorade, but that's it.

Mary, I'm with you. An hour in a bounce house and I'll need an AED to defib myself! But have fun Melissa!

Have a great Monday ladies. I'll introduce you to my life philosophy: All for Jesus with a simle. You have things you have to do that, frankly, suck. So, you might as well do them with a smile!:happy:
    Arianne
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hi Arianne - Great job on your workout. I didn't say anything about giving up on exercise! I'm just easing up a bit on my goals so that I don't get too overwhelmed while exercising my brain. :tongue: I still intend to go to classes 2-3x/week, Shred 2-4x/week, plus walks and elliptical 2-3x/week. I would love to commit to cardio 5x/week (I don't generally count walking), and add yoga or pilates... but I have to set my priorities right now. If all goes as planned, I will be DONE with school in a few months, the monkey will be off my back, and my body will still be in good shape and ready for some serious tuning. :happy: Thanks for the tip on the B vitamins - I'll doublecheck my supplement and see whether I should add a separate B complex to mix. I need all the help I can get!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I just got back from two hours of walking. (good)

To the gelato parlor and back. (very. very. good)

Later, I'm going to pop in Rodney Yee, since my yoga studio is closed this evening. Had a big sushi lunch, so probably not much for dinner time. I may have popcorn for dinner in honour of the Peanuts Thanksgiving special that warped my fragile little mind.:tongue:

I'm trying to post pics of my kitties to keep up with you guys. . .there's my boy. . .the girl is in my profile pics, in her typical "why did you disturb my 20 hour nap?" pose . . .

:flowerforyou:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I just got home from my first day of work and man am I tired!! I had breakfast at 6:30am and then didnt eat until 1:00pm. arrrg I was so hungry! Now im so tired!

All your cats are so cute! :bigsmile:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Cute cats Viv!

Okay note to self (and others who are reading): make sure your child is old enough to go "bouncing" by themselves! Talk about multiple wedgies! I even got a knee bounce burn when the "ladder" gave out on me and I slid down about 3 feet! I am convincing myself that it was not because I am big, because I'm really not that big. Thankfully my son didn't not tumble with me. He did get hurt a few times but when he started to fuss I'd run him up to the front and start over again. He had a good time. I was thinking about doing it for his third birthday, but it will be put off a few years! It was good exercise for me. I was sweating in five minutes! I will probably be sore tomorrow!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Wow you are all so busy, I feel like a slacker. Lets see 20 minutes of raking. Followed by 30 minutes of mowing lawn and 30 minutes of gardening. See no little ones to run after, thats the easy part for me. Then two bus trips one in the morning and one at night. The bounce house actually sounded like fun. None of those around here though. Have a good night. MMMM Viv Gelato! I wish!
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, sorry I've been so absent. Am STILL dealing with this stomach bug- it's been pretty bad. However, I have lost and kept off 3 more kilos, and even with eating normally they don't appear to be coming back, so I'll take it!! I couldn't have lost 3 kilos (6.6 lbs) of muscle in a couple week, could I? That is my only fear, as I haven't been exercising.

My goal today is to get heaps of water and take a walk at lunch. Still taking it a bit easy. Also see if I can keep some veggies down (breads have been my staple while sick! Seem to be the only thing my body can handle!)

Take care :flowerforyou: