How to log Leslie Sansone's walk at home?

Options
Hey everyone,

Hope I'm putting this in the right area, but I just started doing Leslie Sansone's Walk at home exercise (found 2-15 mins on youtube, which gives me a 2 mile walk) but I wasn't sure how to log.....I've been logging as low impact aerobic only because when I looked at it online on netflix.com, it shows under category low impact workout.....I'm hoping to buy the dvd here soon (Money's tight, ugh!) But I LOVE :love: this workout!!!! SO easy, esp when I have 2 kids who barely let me exercise.....

Can someone help me?

Replies

• SUSANB37
    SUSANB37 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I log it as walking-4 mph. I have her 5 mile dvd and I love it!!
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    walk- depending on which one you use log as the mph you walk!! if possible get a hrm--best money you will ever spend.
  • Christinichka
    Christinichka Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Hope I'm putting this in the right area, but I just started doing Leslie Sansone's Walk at home exercise (found 2-15 mins on youtube, which gives me a 2 mile walk) but I wasn't sure how to log.....I've been logging as low impact aerobic only because when I looked at it online on netflix.com, it shows under category low impact workout.....I'm hoping to buy the dvd here soon (Money's tight, ugh!) But I LOVE :love: this workout!!!! SO easy, esp when I have 2 kids who barely let me exercise.....

Can someone help me?

Good question! I just log as walking, and then usually it's 15 minute miles, for however many miles I do. But I almost always use weights so this makes me wonder if maybe it's actually circuits or low impact aerobic like you said. I'm interested to see what others think.
  • triciaw1975
    Options

I do her DVD's and this is how I log it also. Love her videos! I got a couple of mine at Wal-Mart for about $10. :)
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Well, if 1 mine is 15 min, you are going at 4 MPH. that is my thought anyways.
  • reinventingandrea
    Options

I agree. those are the best walks right in your home. I have the 3 and 5 mile and love them.
  • puertoricanlady18
    puertoricanlady18 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love her DVD! My sister got me hooked! U can find her DVD at walmart ;)
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I love her DVD! My sister got me hooked! U can find her DVD at walmart ;)

Great! I'll check them out next pay check! :)

Thanks Ladies!! I'll keep that in mind....I'm planning on getting a heart monitor just need to save some money!
  • Nana_Anne
    Nana_Anne Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I love her too. I use the "walk a mile" which is 21 minute video on exercisetv.com but I never knew how to log it either. TY for the question and answers :)

I just found this online

Rate = distance/time
    = 2.6miles/35mins
    = 13/275miles per minute
    Multiply by 60 to convert to hour
    = 156/35 miles/hour.

so on 1divided by 21 minutes = 0.04761 times 60 = 2.8571 miles per hour
    on the 5mile / 73 minutes = 0.6849 x 60 = 4.1095
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I wear a HRM. I am 5' 3" and I weigh 204 pounds. I burn around 100-125 calories per mile. Yesterday for her 3 mile I burned 303 calories. I just made my own category for it.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    There are a variety of her videos available on Exercise TV on On Demand and at exercisetv.com
  • countrygirl75
    countrygirl75 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post I was going to use my dvds after this summer at the gym, since my job will be moving to far from the gym and I am saving money I have and HRM so I wll see. I also have her 1-5 miles, so I can switch it up...
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I found a DVD of hers at Target for $10. It has 1, 2, 3 and 4 mile walks on it. I thought it was a great deal.