More HRM Questions

Options
I am new to this whole HRM thing and have a question that I hope someone can answer. I have been looking at the Polar HRM's and have seen that they come with a chest strap and I am wondering if anyone has had problems with the chest strap due to sweating. I am a prolific sweater and always leave the gym soaked. I have literally had people come up to me at the gym to inquire if I am alright due to my excessive sweating. I am afraid to buy a HRM and have it not work because I shorted it out from sweat! Hopefully, some of you more experienced HRM people can answer this for me. Thanks!

Replies

• WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    I am new to this whole HRM thing and have a question that I hope someone can answer. I have been looking at the Polar HRM's and have seen that they come with a chest strap and I am wondering if anyone has had problems with the chest strap due to sweating. I am a prolific sweater and always leave the gym soaked. I have literally had people come up to me at the gym to inquire if I am alright due to my excessive sweating. I am afraid to buy a HRM and have it not work because I shorted it out from sweat! Hopefully, some of you more experienced HRM people can answer this for me. Thanks!
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I'm like you, I sweat alot when I exercise. But I don't have any problems with my Polar. They are actually waterproof and I have worn the chest strap in the pool or fresh water on many occasions with absolutely no problem. When I feel it getting a little "slippy" i simply adjust the strap itself (like you would the shoulder strap on your bra) and it stays in place fine and works great. Awesome investment. It keeps you motivated to push just a little harder when you see how much you're actually burning.
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    Thanks for the answer. Now I can start looking seriously on ebay for one. I hated to spend the money and find out later that it wasn't going to work right for me. I am so all about the calories burned that I can't wait to get one. I love instant gratification!:laugh: