calorie burn exercising....

Options
Hi all

Im interested in seeing how many of you exercise regularly and how often for?

How many times a day?
How long for?
What do you do?
And how many cals do you try and burn? - mainly for HRM users

Thanks
Saz xxxx

Replies

• Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Hi all

How many times a day?
    How long for?
    What do you do?
    And how many cals do you try and burn? - mainly for HRM users

Thanks
    Saz xxxx
    At least 5x a week, usually 6 or 7. (Just because I enjoy it though)
    At least 1x a day.
    2-3 hours
    Tennis, Racquetball, Rock Climbing, Hill Sprints, Kitesurfing and Weights. Usually.
    I usually burn between 800-1500 calories a day.
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I normally use getting a paper as an excuse to go for a walk in the morning. As far as possible, it varies each week. This week it's a 2.6mile round journey. In the afternoon I'll try to either walk for an hour or walk/jog or do sit ups/squats for half an hour.
    I am hoping to start jogging properly in the autumn, right now my work doesn't really allow this. And of course, when I'm at home I'm trying to do the 30 Day shred AND I've got a Zumba DVD on order, just waiting for it.
    The way I look at it, the more you do, the more you can eat (within reason. Lol!) so if I think I'm going to want a drink or some chocolate one evening, I'll try to earn the calories first. :wink: :wink:
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I use a BodyBugg and HRM.

It varies. I was working out 5-6 days per week, 30-60 min. per day. Walking, Wii Fit, EA Sports Active, weights, Insanity. Burns varied according to energy level and workout type from 100-400ish.

Kind of took the month of June off. Exercise has been sporadic, though I did get hellacious burns "Spring" cleaning.

Starting on July 5th will be starting a 7 month, NROL(FW) / Insanity hybrid program with my husband. The program alternates Insanity Cardio/Plyo with weight lifting, every 6th day is a rest day, and after each NROL(FW) segment will be a one week rest at maintenance calories (with a 2 week rest over the winter holidays because of travel).
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Hi all

How many times a day? 1 minimum but usually 2
    How long for? 45-1.5 or more
    What do you do? Elliptical, yoga, CrossFit, swimming, running
    And how many cals do you try and burn? - mainly for HRM users 500-1100

Thanks
    Saz xxxx
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I work out 5 days minimum and usually 6.
    I work out usually an hour to 2 hours per day
    3 days a week I warm up for 10 mins, lift weights for 45-60 mins, followed by 30-60 mins cardio
    The other days I just do cardio and or abs which would include running, spin class and boot camps
    I usually burn anywhere from 500 cals to 800 cals
    :-)
  • McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    I try to workout 5-6 days a week and every couple of weeks I'll do 2-a-days.
    I workout for usually 1-1.5 hours per session. During regular days I typically do a little cardio and then strength training and during 2-a-days I will weight train in the morning and do cardio in the afternoon.
    I do a lot of cross-fit, weight training, running, rowing, rock climbing, soccer, and yoga.
    In a typical day I burn between 500-1000 calories. During my 2-a-day weeks, I burn 1000-1500 calories.
  • RosieGB33nz
    RosieGB33nz Posts: 142
    Options
    I exercise once a day
    I don't aim for calories burned, i go by time so i try to do 40 minutes a day
    I usually do stationery bike (up and down hills) or the same on my treadmill at 4mph
    I usually burn just over 200 calories for both which is fine for me because i hate trying to eat my exercise calories on top of all the food i have during the day if i have burnt too many working out.

Hope this helps :)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I exercise 1-3 times a day pretty much every day. I burn between 200 and 1000 or so calories. I really don't shoot for a specific calorie burn, I just exercise because my body needs is and I enjoy it. My total calorie burn for the last 4 weeks going back has been:

It has really helped that nice weather has finally arrived here so I can comfortably get out cycling.
  • sarahavery
    sarahavery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! :laugh: