WEEK 2 WORRIED NO REAL WEIGHT LOSS

Options
HI

I am into my 2nd week of using this site and can honestly say i have followed the advice of the amount of calories I should eat.

My diet has changed completly

From fried breakfast / takeaways and eating out

i have lots more energy :::::--- Yet my weight is staying the same. My typical day was between 4000 to 5000 calories.

I do feel better and would love to go monday to be weighed and have lost some weight

Any ideas

Melfyn

Replies

• LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Is your activity level depicted accurately on your profile? Maybe you over estimate your daily activities.
    I think it can take a bit for your body to adjust to the difference in food consumption. Try to maintain eating well and kick up the exercise - thats what really does the difference for me
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Is your activity level depicted accurately on your profile? Maybe you over estimate your daily activities.
    I think it can take a bit for your body to adjust to the difference in food consumption. Try to maintain eating well and kick up the exercise - thats what really does the difference for me

agreed! It took me a few weeks to get everything just right and start losing. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water too! It helps :smile:
  • firedrgn2000
    Options
    If you're just starting, it may take some time before you see results. People have these high expectations of wanting results RIGHT AWAY. Then they get discouraged when nothing happens or in some cases the scales go up. Give yourself and your body time. Be patient with it, it is making adjustments that need time.
  • swimmamum
    swimmamum Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You probably have lost some. But if you haven't, don't lose heart. Sometimes it takes your body time to adjust to the changes in energy balance. If you were consuming between 4 and 5000 calories a day and now you are half that (presumably) your body is simply taking a bit to get used to it.

Have you been exercising? Not sure how old you are, but both men and women see a drop in their testosterone (and other hormones) levels after 40, which changes our energy burning capability. You need to start building muscle to compensate for that loss of natural calorie burning stuff.

Keep going. Just think- that next year at this time you will look incredible. Don't think about next week or even next month. It is just too much pressure. ONe day at a time. Keep being good! You deserve it.
  • melfynwilliams
    Options
    Thank you all for the replies.

I am not really exercising as such.

I have become more active in the last few days and have been doing DIY jobs around the house and the gardening I have been putting off.

I have brought a bike and have not had the courage to get out on it. We also have treadmill which has never been used.

Melfyn