Fresh & Easy

Options
eeeekie
eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
I can't stand pre-made frozen meals but that's mainly because they are gross and pumped full of sodium. They don't even include real chicken it's just pressed chicken into form.

Anyway, I've recently discovered FRESH & EASY Eat Well line of meals are AWESOME!

There are items that have a fair bit of sodium/calories but I look for the lower sodium option and get the higher calories.

4497276477_005cbe41eb_o.jpg

Real Chicken, Real fresh fish, real veggies, not frozen, not packed with sodium to keep freshness. They actually have a semi crap expiration date because they aren't packed full of sodium.

QUOTE FROM FRESH & EASY
"Our customers told us they love our prepared meals, but wished we offered some with less calories, sodium and fat. We’re happy to report that we have been hard at work creating nutritionally balanced meals - called "eatwell" - and you can now find them in our stores! Eatwell gives you more nutritious options without having to compromise on quality or flavor.

The eatwell products you can now find on our shelves include ready-made meals, soups, salads sandwiches and sushi. We've displayed some of the nutritional information on the front of the package, and each product in the line has no more than 25 percent of the total daily values for calories, fat, saturated fat and sodium. And of course, since they’re fresh&easy brand, they’re only made with ingredients you can pronounce. Make sure to keep an eye out, since soon we’ll be introducing even more eatwell items!"

ex:
Eatwell-Lemon-Herb-Shrimp-300x300.jpg

I'm not saying eat these everyday because it's better to cook for yourself but these are pretty good for when you're on the go and you have no time or you just don't feel like cooking. Instead of stocking your freezer with lean cuisine or smart ones (which are so SO bad) reach for something with real substance/real ingredients...very much like something you'd make at home.

Replies

• eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    No one cares!? lol
  • SamMommy
    SamMommy Posts: 29
    Options
    where do you buy these at? They look so good!
  • sivadsirhc
    sivadsirhc Posts: 28
    Options
    That's great! It looks like actual FOOD.

And I think I have a coupon...

Thanks darlin!
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Fresh and Easy! I used to go all the time when I lived in California. I have since moved to Chicago and miss it :(