ChaLEAN Extreme - How much weight did you lose?

Options
So, I've heard A LOT of good things about this workout program, I have a friend who did it and the results were nothing short of amazing. If you've done it, how much weight did you lose?
Would like to buy it, but would like to hear from some more people first.

Thanks!

Replies

• misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Im interested too!
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I haven't done ChaLean Extreme but lost most of my weight so far from Turbo Jam which I love. Have been dying to try out Chalean extreme though.
  • alidov78
    alidov78 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Bump......whoo, I finally bumped something! I'm curious about ChaLean too.....just finishing up with Jilllians Ripped in 30 now...
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I started ChaLean about 2 mos ago. I haven't lost any weight (well, maybe a lb or 2) but I'm not trying to lose weight. I'm basically in maintenance now, and increasing my calories.

I bought this set b/c I wouldn't be able to get to the gym in the summer, since the kids are home from school, and I wanted to have something that I could use at home, which would be effective for weight training. If you're looking for something that will be a high calorie burner, this is not it. This is mainly a weight training guide, with a tiny bit of cardio thrown in.

That said, lifting weights is one of the best ways to get tone and fit. It will increase your muscle mass, decrease body fat, and you'll burn more calories while at rest, since muscle burns more than fat.

I love this program - it's not only helped me stay in shape through the summer, it's actually improved some of my definition too. She's fun to watch and follow, the routines are simple, but very very effective. I'm really glad that I have this dvd set. I've bought many many exercise dvds in the past, and all are collecting dust. This is the only one that will not, at least for me!

Hope that helps!
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    I haven't done Chalean Extreme either, I've mainly used Turbo Fire. I lost about 49 pounds over 6 months using this program. Chalene Johnson is an amazing trainer, I can assure you that you will not be disappointed with any of her programs. That absolutely do work if you commit to the program and the meal plans. I'd be happy to share or help you in any way, just shoot me a message with any questions.

Beverly
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I have just started using ChaLEAN Extreme (a ChaLEAN Extreme/TurboFire hybrid, actually). I started with TurboFire and discovered I didn’t lose the weight I wanted because I was burning too many calories and not eating enough. I think the first week of CLX my body was in recovery and was happy that I was eating the amount I should. This is my second week of CLX, and I have already lost 2.5 pounds this week, and it’s only Thursday.

I love the program, and I don’t think you’ll be disappointed if you do it correctly. Get a heart rate monitor to help monitor the calories you burn, keep track of what you eat here, and eat most of your exercise calories back. If you’re looking for more cardio, I would go with something else, like TurboFire.
  • diana109
    diana109 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have used ChaLean Extreme and love it. I did the Turbo Fire + Chalean Extreme Hybrid Program and lost over 36 lbs. I did Turbo Fire first for a few months prior and have lost over 80lbs total using Chalene's programs. Chalene is a great trainer and makes it easy to do her workouts. Like dgfurman said it is not a cardio program it is more based on weight training. Highly recommend! :smile:
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    ME ME ME!

I did 90 Days of ChaLEAN Extreme and my stats are in my sig! 21lbs gone, 20 inches gone, 10% bodyfat gone! It was a huge motivator for me, I loved it and it really made me realize I love lifting heavy weights. It's changed the shape of my body! I cannot say enough wonderful things about it... it got me hooked on a whole new healthy lifestyle. The meal plan/ideas are great too and practical. Love it!

And I wanted to add... the schedule is realistic!! 5 days a week for 30-45m/day. For a busy mom of two little girls this fit my schedule. I always took Friday & Sunday off. If you have any other questions just let me know!! :D
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • NickiStone
    NickiStone Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I just finished ChaLEAN last week and I lost 24lbs and 30.75 inches. I loved the program and absolutely suggest it.
  • alidov78
    alidov78 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I just finished ChaLEAN last week and I lost 24lbs and 30.75 inches. I loved the program and absolutely suggest it.

so you did it for 90 days? its a 90 day program?
  • rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    bump
  • michiganderrdh
    michiganderrdh Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Love the program! Lots of variety and fun! Weights, cardio, stretching - it has it all!! I totally recommend this!

I also didn't have a lot to lose when I did this originally but I lost 9% BF after 90 days of it.
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    bUMP
  • Improvised
    Options
    bumping it up again. :)
  • Improvised
    Options
    Last time I'll bump, lol. Sorry.
  • cangi1
    cangi1 Posts: 50
    Options
    I just finished my second week of ChaLEAN Extreme (CLX). After only 2 weeks I have lost 6 lbs!!!
    This is the only program I have done and I can see physical changes after only 2 weeks...and I still have 10 more weeks to go! I am excited about CLX...it is realistic and it works!

Check out my blog where I share about my journey through ChaLEAN and Couch to 5k at the same time!!!
    http://sweetandsaltysurrender.blogspot.com
  • alishadg
    alishadg Posts: 11
    Options
    ME ME ME!

I did 90 Days of ChaLEAN Extreme and my stats are in my sig! 21lbs gone, 20 inches gone, 10% bodyfat gone! It was a huge motivator for me, I loved it and it really made me realize I love lifting heavy weights. It's changed the shape of my body! I cannot say enough wonderful things about it... it got me hooked on a whole new healthy lifestyle. The meal plan/ideas are great too and practical. Love it!

lesliemk,

Did you notice significant weight loss during the Lean phase, or throughout? I've just completed both the Burn & Push phases, but I've only lost 6lbs. I start the Lean phase on Monday & am hoping to see more weight loss.

Thanks,
    Alisha
  • NickiStone
    NickiStone Posts: 101 Member
    Options

so you did it for 90 days? its a 90 day program?

It is a 90 day program and I completed it in 12 weeks.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    bump