Losing baby weight

Options
The baby is 9 months 25 days old. The weight does not seem to be going down. I had a c-section and my belly area does not want to trim down. I am 5'5" and 169 lbs (finally). I guess I have lost some weight, but not at the rate I would like to lose. I am 36 years old.

I was exercising pretty well for a few weeks, but have slacked off. My back has some issues, so that does not help me.

I am trying to be better about the wasted calories (sweet teas and soda), but I am weak! I was eating pretty well this week, but ice cream was screaming my name.

So, today I must get started. I heard about this site from another Army Wife.

We live in Tampa, FL. I have three children (8 year-old twins and the baby).

Replies

• triciasrv
    triciasrv Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The baby is 9 months 25 days old. The weight does not seem to be going down. I had a c-section and my belly area does not want to trim down. I am 5'5" and 169 lbs (finally). I guess I have lost some weight, but not at the rate I would like to lose. I am 36 years old.

I was exercising pretty well for a few weeks, but have slacked off. My back has some issues, so that does not help me.

I am trying to be better about the wasted calories (sweet teas and soda), but I am weak! I was eating pretty well this week, but ice cream was screaming my name.

So, today I must get started. I heard about this site from another Army Wife.

We live in Tampa, FL. I have three children (8 year-old twins and the baby).
  • lascolaj514
    lascolaj514 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    So glad you joined MFP. I've been at it for 5 weeks and lost 4 pounds. I'm not great at exercising, walking is about my limit. I am also 58 and think it's harder as you age. You are smart to address this issue while you're young. There's lot's of good information here and lots of encouragement. Some of these folks have come such a long way. Congrats on the baby. I had 4 c sections back in the day. I believe its harder to get the body back after that. It's slow but it does come off. Don't deprive yourself of some treats, just cut back and that's easier to do when you are keeping track of it. Good luck. Jackie
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    If you are excercising and are being concious about what you eat, you are on the right track! My son just turned 2 and I am still working on the belly weight! I make sure to allow myself a treat everyday! Some days I have enough calories for icecream, but usually it's only about a half a cup! If you deprive yourself of dessert, you will give up. I've been there! I am also 5'5 and started out at about 155. I am now down to 142. I had platoed(spelling?) at 146 when I joined this site two and half weeks. It is amazing what you can do when you have to be accountable! Keep up the good work! :)

96946.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary