23lbs down since MFP.... 15 weeks to work a bikini! help!

Options
2»

Replies

• kristinmkartist
    kristinmkartist Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You can do this babe! You have to believe in yourself and be hard core into the plan of 15wks. I would honestly do the 30 day shred if you had it. I lost 12 inches and OMG I couldn't believe the changes I had with my belly. Print that photo and put it in your bathroom or frig and when people come over just take it down. Keep that goal in front of you at all times. I sell Mary Kay and that's what I have to do with my goals and wow does it work! I have reminders all over with even my weight loss now setting rewards at certain pts.

I know you can do this!!
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    You're off to a really good start!
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome idea! He just had surgery, so we're suppose to keep him from doing a lot of activity, so pushing him in the stroller 2 or 3 times a day is a great idea. I could take him for a stroll after every time he wakes up (he takes 2 naps). And i'll put him laying on his tummy on my legs and lift my legs up and down. Works the legs and he loves it too hehe! =)

I was also thinking of doing crunches for 30 minutes at least 5 days a week. Breaking it up in 5 minute intervals... Do 5 minutes, rest 5 minutes, do 5 more minutes, etc

Wow, I can already see a huge difference between those two pictures! You've already accomplished a lot, in no time you're going to be at your goal weight!!

In regards to crunches, I would just keep in mind that you can do crunches till you're blue in the face, but if you're still at a high or even moderate body fat percentage, your abs are not going to show. I do abdominal exercises all the time and even though I can feel my core getting stronger, there really isn't any visible difference because I still have a relatively high body fat percentage. I think a woman's body fat has to be around 15-20% in order to see abs, but don't quote me on that as I may have those numbers wrong. Crunches definitely can't hurt, but you might benefit more by spending that time doing other exercises that would more directly target fat. Lots of cardio, and definitely weights because that's what helps you to shed inches and tighten everything up.
  • CMH24
    CMH24 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    A womans best accessory is her smile!! You look beautiful so SMILE! Be excited for JAMAICA! I still have 14 months until I'm going!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    You are doing great, cant wait to see more progress pictures
  • _CHRISTIE_
    _CHRISTIE_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    You can SO do this!!! Look how far you've come!!!! We are going to do this together!!!! NO more excuses!! You are going to ROCK that bikini in Jamaica and I can't Wait to see pics from your trip!!!
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    You can SO do this!!! Look how far you've come!!!! We are going to do this together!!!! NO more excuses!! You are going to ROCK that bikini in Jamaica and I can't Wait to see pics from your trip!!!

If I look like you when I get to 185 (which is about what I'll be in Jamaica) then I'll definitely wear that bikini! You inspire me! =D You're awesome girl! Thanks for all the motivation!
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You've come along way, don't stop! Every time I feel like stopping, I play "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen. To me it's the most motivational song ever made. Freddie Mercury died too young D:

Low carb, up the protein to 80+ g a day. Do some sweaty work outs for 30-60 minutes 3-5 days a week, the inches will melt away! Good luck, I'm rooting for ya!
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss so far! You can do this. Just find workouts you enjoy and stick with it! I like variety so I try to do all sorts of things every week, from the 30 Day Shred to walking, jogging, swimming, weights, yoga, rock climbing, hula hooping, etc! It keeps it exciting and fun.
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    You've come along way, don't stop! Every time I feel like stopping, I play "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen. To me it's the most motivational song ever made. Freddie Mercury died too young D:

Low carb, up the protein to 80+ g a day. Do some sweaty work outs for 30-60 minutes 3-5 days a week, the inches will melt away! Good luck, I'm rooting for ya!

Now what It's summer, I'm going to start going for walks with my little one! I can go at least twice a day with him. And then I can walk to Walmart too if we want to rent RedBox, that's a 2 mile walk right there =)
  • blissfulself
    blissfulself Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    congratulations on your amazing weight loss so far!! and you can def do this! i think since you haven't really been working out that your body will respond really well with the working out coupled with you staying within your calories. I would try and workout 4-5 days a week and even if you don't have time to do a really hard workout one of those days then you should just walk or do little things like leg/arm lifts while your making dinner or something just to keep your body moving. I think 15 weeks is enough time to lose the weight (be grateful for the time you have left to get in shape and take advantage of it!). Also it really helps me to visualize while i'm doing a hard workout and think of yourself in the bikini on the beach and how great you'll feel. also keep your bikini hanging out somewhere so you constantly have to look at it and it will help to motivate you! can't wait to hear about your progress! get it girl!
  • mrsjohnson75
    mrsjohnson75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what you are doing :)
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't cut out one pieces either. There are some really sexy flattering ones out there. I just saw a bunch the other day online.

Don't worry I haven't. If I don't look good in the bikini, I definitely wont be wearing it. That will be completely disappointing, but *shrugs*

No, I would'nt think of it as a disappointment. I weigh 134 pounds and can wear a bikini but trust me when I say some one piece bathing suits are sooo sexy. I almost think they are sexier than alot of bikini's. I'm not talking about the kind are mom's used to wear. I mean like model type sexy.
  • annacook0822
    Options
    i just joined MFP! i think you are doing awesome! you can do it keep up the hard work! just an idea to help you get started working out..... i just started jillian micheals 30 day shred on monday.....watching my calories and im already down 2 pounds! the 30 day shred really helps! (it really kicks my butt) walmart has it for like under $15. it will help you get where you want to be for your trip!
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    I wouldn't cut out one pieces either. There are some really sexy flattering ones out there. I just saw a bunch the other day online.

Don't worry I haven't. If I don't look good in the bikini, I definitely wont be wearing it. That will be completely disappointing, but *shrugs*

No, I would'nt think of it as a disappointment. I weigh 134 pounds and can wear a bikini but trust me when I say some one piece bathing suits are sooo sexy. I almost think they are sexier than alot of bikini's. I'm not talking about the kind are mom's used to wear. I mean like model type sexy.

Where do you find them? I'm worried about shopping online, because what if it doesn't fit right?
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    i just joined MFP! i think you are doing awesome! you can do it keep up the hard work! just an idea to help you get started working out..... i just started jillian micheals 30 day shred on monday.....watching my calories and im already down 2 pounds! the 30 day shred really helps! (it really kicks my butt) walmart has it for like under $15. it will help you get where you want to be for your trip!

I'll seriously have to get the 30 Day Shred. Everyone's talking about it & I've only heard good things! ... I've also heard "You don't really hear about losing weight, but you lose a lot of inches.".... I'm totally okay with losing inches!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially in the belly! =)
  • cdub78
    cdub78 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Cardio, Cardio, Cardio! Do 1 hour 3 times a week!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!