Polar FT7 -vs- Mio Motiva strapless monitor

Options
Hello

I have the Mio Motiva strapless heart monitor and upon someones recs i purchased the polar FT7 (The f6 was recomended but was not available) My question is, there is a large spread between the calories burned between the two. The MIO says I burn alot more the the polar ft7 says.

Does any one know which one is accurate of the two?

Example: 30 minutes on the recumbent bike

MIO says I burned 390 calories
Polar FT7 says I burned 192

I do not wear them at the same time and the polar has the chest strap where the Mio motiva is strapless and you place your two fingers in contact points on the watch.

any help to my question is appreciated.

Joe

Replies

• P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    I am not sure I have the FT7 an ddid some extensive research, I did not check the MIo though. I think my FT7 is accurate. at least I hope it is Curious to see what everyoen says
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Anything with a chest strap is much more accurate.
  • Tracy184
    Tracy184 Posts: 74
    Options
    Anything with a chest strap is much more accurate.

Exactly.
  • deesjourney2fit
    Options
    I have an FT7 and find it very accurate as well.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    glad to here that about the ft7, now if the damn mailman would just bring it
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Um Ft7 for sure!

The FT7 is constantly monitoring your heart rate, while the MIO is relying on when you place your fingers on the sensors.. and depending on how often you do it, depending on how accurate of a calorie reading that you get.

The FT7 also takes in to account VO2Maxx which is needed for a more accurate calorie burn.. I've haven't read about the MIO, but I'm pretty sure that it does not.
  • joesan563
    joesan563 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I figured the polar was more accurate. thanks!