Couch to 5K

Options
macenro
macenro Posts: 160
I was wondering what week transition was the hardest for people who have done the program?

Was it from week 1 to week 2? Week 2 to week 3? etc.

Replies

• Kittyfeliz
    Kittyfeliz Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Mine I think was either 3 to 4 or 4 to 5. I forget now but I was NOT ready for it. I feel much the same about weeks 7, 8 and 9. =/
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I'm only in week 4 (day 3 tomorrow!) but I think for me the hardest was from 2 to 3 just because you're doubling the amount of time you run in each interval. But of course, let's not downplay the transition between the couch and week 1! Haha
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm on week three right now and so far, the transition between weeks 2 and 3 was the hardest. Running for three minutes straight is tough! Best of luck to you!
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    *bump*

doing week 1, workout 2 tonight!
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    *bump*

doing week 1, workout 2 tonight!
    Good for you! I think honestly, the hardest part is suffering through the first day and then coming back for day 2, so congrats!
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 6 now. It's getting pretty tough. I'm hoping I can do this. I made it thru week 5 but didn't think I would.
  • macenro
    Options
    I used to be an athletic person, but the last year I fought with depression and gained 40-50 pounds. I was okay with week 1, but I'm worried about going forward.

I was thinking of doing week one on off days as I continue just to get some extra running in.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I've only just done Week 1, Day 3 today, but I think Week 3 to 4 is going to be the hardest. I can run 3 minutes straight with hardly any problem right now, and I've been tacking on a few extra runs to the workout this week because Week 1 is so easy... But, 5 minutes during Week 4 might be pushing it. :)
  • macenro
    Options
    The only time I had trouble week one was when I got cocky and sprinted one of the minute runs in the middle. I was pretty winded but still finished.

Week 2 starts tomorrow.
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    I've only just done Week 1, Day 3 today, but I think Week 3 to 4 is going to be the hardest. I can run 3 minutes straight with hardly any problem right now, and I've been tacking on a few extra runs to the workout this week because Week 1 is so easy... But, 5 minutes during Week 4 might be pushing it. :)
    It's not as bad as you think. I was scared about going from 3 to 5, but it really didn't feel like much more. I have a podcast that tells you when it's time to run/walk, and as I was doing the 5 minute run, the voice popped in and said "you've just done 3 minutes; only 2 more". And I thought "only 2..I can already run for more than 2 minutes. This'll be over soon." And it was. Let me know when you get there and tell me if it's as hard as you imagine.
  • macenro
    Options
    Well the transition from week 1 to week 2 wasn't that bad thankfully. I might keep posting updates as I progress.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    I think it might be Week 4 or 5, but the week where you do the first uninterrupted 20min run was the most daunting.

Best of luck! :flowerforyou:
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    I think it might be Week 4 or 5, but the week where you do the first uninterrupted 20min run was the most daunting.

Best of luck! :flowerforyou:
    That would be week 5 day 3. I'm doing it in a week from today and I'm a little terrified because w5d2, the longest you run is 8 minutes. Seems insane, but apparently it's doable. We'll see.