If only...

Options
Beaukitty
Beaukitty Posts: 34 Member
I've been having one of those days where every conversation leads to an "If only..." statement in my mind. Today my biggest one (very much inspired by MFP today too) is...

If only we could always carry around a before picture to show people how far we've come.

There's a lot of beach/pool/swimming/etc. talk going around and not feeling quite right in swimsuits. If only people could see the before and understand how much better we really look and feel now, maybe the embarrassment we usually feel would be underplayed with compliments and awe of our accomplishments.

So MFPers...what's your "if only"?

Replies

• TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    If only....I could stop beating myself up so much! I'm 40, and I'm better at it now, but I still give myself grief over my appearance, how much I (don't) exercise, my parenting, my work, what kind of wife I am, what kind of friend I am, blah blah blah. I even give myself grief over how I can't stop beating myself UP! What's THAT about?? :noway:

Anyway, I am learning. Slowly. Connecting with folks here helps, 'cause we're all struggling somewhere, and finding our way, too.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    if only i was more motivated or had more energy to exercise more often...i feel as if i have the "diet" part down but definately not the exercise..
  • jane134
    jane134 Posts: 3
    Options
    If only i had local friends so i could do a lot more exercise......hubby isn't very interested and its rather dull by yourself.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I am bored at work, I think, "You know, if Pokemon was real then I would've run away from home at the age of 14 with a Bulbasaur and kicked *kitten* across the world and never worried about money unless I lost battles."

Sometimes when I am bored at work, I think, "You know, if X-Men mutations were real, living in that world would be sweet but only if I actually had powers. Oh yeah, the prejudice would suck though."

If only I lived in a fictional universe.
    -wtk
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    If only I cared about myself when I was 22,23,24,25,etc. Why did I let myself go like that??? Those were my 20's!!!! :mad: