Is this too many calories? Im always hungrryyyyy

Options
Thanks in advance guys! I am 5'5 female 121 pounds. I am 21 years old. If I burn 300 calories from treadmill every day. & then I weight lift for 20 minutes. And I eat 1800 calories a day, will i lose weight? Or is that too many calories? Im always hungryyyy! I wanna lose my belly chubb

Replies

• LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    in a word....NO. not too many. you are young and active... your body needs fuel! enjoy!
  • timlord
    timlord Posts: 158
    Options
    lower some carb cals, increase protein
    need any other help let me know
    Tim L
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Hard to say without knowing what you're eating. Stick with wholesome, healthy meal and snack choices and you should do just fine. I find that complex carbs like breads, rice, potatoes (starchy items) make me feel hungrier after eating them. Make sure you are getting some of your carbs from fruits and vegetables and the feeling of hunger may subside.
  • candistyx
    candistyx Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    5'5 and 121lbs?
    It will be very hard to lose weight at that weight, maybe you'd find it more productive to focus on toning the muscles.
  • mamacremers
    mamacremers Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    5'5" and 121, you're already a skinny-mini! Your belly chub could probably be fine with some sit-ups. I used to have that too when I was young and skinny and it got better with crunches, every direction, including ones for your lower abs. Just go by what MFP says and you should succeed!

And you're 21, you're probably enjoying adult drinks if you haven't been for a few years now. Beer is terrible for a gut!!! Bacardi and diet is AWESOME and very low in calories! I'm not a big sweet drink drinker, it makes me sick, but bacardi and diet is fine on my stomach.

I just looked it up for your height, weight and age and to maintain it's 1780.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Probably not too many. At 5'5" and 121 lbs, you probably don't need to really loose much, just tone it up (and maybe burn a bit of fat and add muscle). Make sure that you are doing plenty of exercised for your core (abs, hips, lower back, etc) and that will help tighten the tummy.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    If you want to try a non-traditional method, I've read about studies done with dark chocolate. Dark chocolate is loaded with anti-oxidants and have been shown to help reduce belly fat. I did an experiment with dark chocolate a couple weeks ago and it actually helped me off a plateau. But I also noticed that my belly fat was finally starting to flatten out. It was after I noticed the change that someone pointed out an article in Prevention magazine talking about how dark chocolate is being used in diets to help fight belly fat. Just thought it was interesting if you wanted to give it a try. :)