Would there be any benefit to...

Tuesday and Thursday I strength train and do yoga after work, so I don't eat dinner until 8-8:30 and I'm in bed by 10. Would I see any benefits to eating a light dinner at work around 4:30 and then doing a small protien shake after my workout before bed or would it be minimal? I really would rather not do that, but it I'll see some dramatic improvements in body fat or something I might consider it.

Is it a big deal?

Replies

• timlord
    timlord Posts: 158
    protein shake at bedtime would work...body would assimilate it overnight
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    I am pretty much in the same boat as you cause I don't eat until 730-8 and in bed by 930 most of the time. I just eat a light dinner. My breakfast and/or lunch is my biggest meal with a smaller dinner which sometimes does include a protein shake. I try not to have anything too heavy or fattening for dinner so I don't feel too full when I go to bed.
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    I don't like going to bed with a full stomach. I think eating earlier and then having a protein shake later sounds better
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Tuesday and Thursday I strength train and do yoga after work, so I don't eat dinner until 8-8:30 and I'm in bed by 10. Would I see any benefits to eating a light dinner at work around 4:30 and then doing a small protien shake after my workout before bed or would it be minimal? I really would rather not do that, but it I'll see some dramatic improvements in body fat or something I might consider it.

Is it a big deal?

So, according to your signature you have lost 130 lbs and are 10 lbs under your goal and you are asking if you'll benefit from doing something different. Is the question rhetorical?
  • DontThinkJustRun
    DontThinkJustRun Posts: 248 Member

Is it a big deal?

So, according to your signature you have lost 130 lbs and are 10 lbs under your goal and you are asking if you'll benefit from doing something different. Is the question rhetorical?

Well if you'd read my all siggy you'd see I've gained back 10 lbs and am trying to lose that. So no it's not rhetorical. Not to mention even at my lowest I was not satisfied with my body fat % and loose skin.
  • DontThinkJustRun
    DontThinkJustRun Posts: 248 Member
    Bump