edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Why is fake sugar bad for you?

Replies

• bostongirl987
    bostongirl987 Posts: 104 Member
    Why is fake sugar bad for you?
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    I think it's because it's fake made from chemicals and stuff. (That's not really the scientific answer.) :laugh:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    That's still pretty much up in the air. Sometimes some bad stuff happens to rats or mice to consume unrealistically high amounts of artificial sugars. Then radical groups sensationalize the findings and the media bastardizes the artificial sugars until everyone's afraid of eating them. Then some website says they cause Gulf War Syndrome and all credibility is out the window.

They're bad for you because consuming them makes you worry about getting cancer. :tongue:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Any info about Splenda - a friend told me yesterday not to drink it it causes muscle pain ??? Haven't had any trouble just wondering what else you've heard or read on it
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    I've read that it can actually tigger hunger and the calories you save by eating it you will then end up eating else where.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    They're bad for you because consuming them makes you worry about getting cancer. :tongue:

:glasses: Song....you rock....:happy:
  • :glasses: Song....you rock....:happy:

I second that!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    LOL.

I know I have heard a lot on this lately. My son actually texted me the other day to stop using splenda cuz it is made with chlorine. Ok, water has chlorine, right?

I will use it up and then decide if I am going to give up my Iced tea or continue with sweet and low. at least with that i use 1 packet 2x a day.
  • stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    I don't like the taste of splenda--and it makes my tummy yucky
This discussion has been closed.