Best Recumbent Stationary Bike For The Least Amount Of Money

I've been kicking this diet in the butt and have discovered along the way that I actually *love* to exercise-- and I used to think I'd hate it.

I've been doing a lot of walking, and I've used an elliptical, a treadmill and various stationary bicycles. I've decided that I want to invest in a recumbent stationary bicycle since that seems to be the piece of equipment that I most enjoy using.

I want one that I can enter my weight into and that keeps track of how many calories I've burned and how long I've been pedaling. If it shows METS, too, that would be a plus-- but it's not a necessity.

Can any of you point me toward the "best bike for the minimum buck?"

Thanks!

-Chelle

Replies

• Hey There

I use a Schwinn Active 20...it does just about every thing you are looking for and can be had for under 250.00.... I got my back in October, when I started I could barely do 3 miles in 20 min. today I did 14 miles in 70 min..burning 900 cal...because of some physical problems as the result of surgery I'm very limited in what I can do so this bike has been a god send for me....
    Grace and peace

Ben
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Thanks, Ben! You said it does "most" of what I'm looking for-- will it display calories burned and let me enter my weight?

-Chelle
  • hey there

mine is a 2009 model and only this it will not do is imput your weight, but will tell you how many min. how many miles and how many calories and there are some programed workouts...or you can set up your workout mannually...the new models may have the weight data now...

grace and peace

Ben
  • kwownow
    kwownow Posts: 43 Member
    Check out the Schwinn 270 -- it does all you want and more! Its on special pricing at Dick's for $499.99 -- regular $799.99
    even has a fan, water bottle holder, MP3 connector. tons of programs, keeps track of your progress. Amazing bike for the price! You can check it out on Amazon for even better price but I think shipping was 2 MONTHS! Didn't want to wait. Good Luck.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,135 Member
    hey there

mine is a 2009 model and only this it will not do is imput your weight, but will tell you how many min. how many miles and how many calories and there are some programed workouts...or you can set up your workout mannually...the new models may have the weight data now...

grace and peace

Ben

Be aware that if the bike doesn't allow you to input your weight the amount of calories burned may not be correct. It seems to me that 900 calories in 70 minutes is a little bit too much. Try to enter the numbers in MFP (it has your weight in the system) and see what amount of calories you get.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Marcy ME-709. I bought mine a couple years ago for $139 delivered to the house. I have over 2500 miles on it and it works like a charm. You can't enter your weight but it does show calories burned (for some fictitious person), distance, speed, cumulative distance and time.

I just looked on line and it shows $183 but one other vendor at $116.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Personally, I would buy a regular recumbent bicycle and use it with a smart trainer. That way I would have the option of using it outside as well as at home.