Healthy FAMILY food

Options
Looking for healthy family meal ideas. I have two small children and want to encourage healthy food choices. Any ideas/advice appreciated:)

Replies

• Latoyamary
    Latoyamary Posts: 140
    Options
    I have a 10 year old daughter. I cook this pita pizza and chicken, cheese nachos that she loves.

The pita pizza

Low calorie wrap
    tomato sauce
    mozzarella cheese
    ( just add veggies on top, spinach, peppers, etc.)

Chicken or Shrimp Cheese Nachos

Baked Tortila Chips
    Fresh Salsa
    Mild Sharp Cheese
    Grilled or Baked Chicken/Shrimp

Place the Tortilla Chips on the bottom, Add the Freash Salsa and Cheese. Baked until cheese is melted. Then at the Chicken or Shrimp. Low in calories, high in protein, and can be eaten with your hands!!
  • jnchorn
    jnchorn Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I have been making a lot of Biggest Loser and Hungry Girl recipes over the past couple of months. I really enjoy some of their recipes. Rachael Ray suggests that you get the kids in the kitchen to cook with you. If they help make it they might be interested in eating it also. Another thing you might try is taking the kiddos to the produce section and let them choose something to cook or eat. I have also read the cookbook Deceptive Delicious. There are some great ideas in there for adding extra fruits and veggies. :) Good luck!!
  • atabt
    atabt Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • getinshapegirl
    Options
    For an easy and healthy meal my kids love when I make oatmeal pancakes, scrambled eggs and fruit salad.
  • Gretchen22276
    Options
    Bump!:wink: