Hi! New to this and have Tachycardia. Anyone else?

Options
I am trying to loose weight by diet and very, very light exercise. Over the years I just kept adding pounds. After my daughter was born I gained 100 lb.. I had post pardon depression for a year. During that time all I did was eat all the time trying to comfort myself. That was 7 years ago as of July 19th. Due to my inability to exercise I have not lost any of the weight. I just kinda gave up. Now I am tired of it. I haven't gained or lost any weight in 5 years now. I had a short time where I lost 40 lb. five years ago but it came back. I have realized with this websites help that I can loose weight even without extreme exercise! I suppose my ignorance about health has been my brick wall. I do have health issues as well. I have Atrial fibrillation which is in leman terms a Tachycardia. I also suffer from Atrial flutters. I have an exercise intolerance as well due to it. I have been instructed by my doctor to not do any type of cardio exercise or anything that would increase my heart rate. My heart just goes out of control sometimes. I do take a medicine which sometimes works and sometimes gives way. When it works and I exercise my body isn't getting enough oxygen that I need for such an activity, become light headed dizzy and pass out. Whereas if it doesn't work my heart goes into overdrive upwards of 300 bpm. It feels like a million butterflies fighting for a space in my heart. Also If I do have an upset I feel terrible stressed out. As wikipedia put it "nervousness and feelings of impending doom." I swear it says it correctly. I laugh about it when the attacks are over. But they are scary. I would love to meet someone else who is trying to loose weight and has a type of Tachycardia. I don't know anyone else who has it. Sorry for the book but I hope someone will read it and we can support each other.

Replies

• BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I don't have tachycardia, but it runs in my family. =( I do already struggle with my heart rate sometimes, but it mostly acts up when I'm sick. When I exercise, I take it really easy just to keep my heart rate in a safe range or else it'll sky rocket to 200 bpm easily. I've noticed proper breathing really helps keeps my heart rate in better control. I can't imagine trying to lose weight and having a serious case like yours. Not much advice I can give, except to take it easy for your heart's sake, and I wish the very best of luck to you. I have faith in you. =)
  • librabubbles
    Options
    Thanks for your support. I do have to do lots of breathing methods. I have to breath in one step and out another.