Evil Ex sayings

Options
BFit40
BFit40 Posts: 163 Member
In my little group of MFP friends, one fab friend posted a horrible saying that their evil ex said which prompted us to swap some sayings from our ex's.

Let's face it, there are reasons why ex's ARE ex's so I thought I’d ask for you to share.

My stories for your delight and to prove why he's an ex:

My ex once said to me when I mentioned I was thinking about cutting my long hair to a shoulder length bob "What you don't realise is that if you cut your hair off, you’d be ugly”.

He recently introduced his new girlfriend to a mutual friend by saying “This is xxxxx. Yes, I know she looks like a horse, but she’ll do for me”. His new girlfriend was standing next to him at the time....

Replies

• Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    They can be really really... stupid.
    What I remember...
    "Are you SURE you want to eat second pizza this week?"
    He was not trying to be mean but it did hurt me a little...
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, my Evil Ex Boyfriend in one breath told me he was proud of my weight-loss, then grabbed my substantial belly with both hands and wobbled it, saying, "But you'll never get rid of THIS!"

My Evil Ex Husband was worse by never saying ANYTHING about my appearance, whether I'd lost weight, got my hair cut or bought new clothes. I lost two and a half stone (35lbs), dropped two dress sizes and went from being a couch potato to participating in triathlons and fitness competitions and he never said anything. "How am I supposed to notice," he said, "I see you every day."

No wonder I put that lot back on and then some :cry:
  • kristarablue
    kristarablue Posts: 707
    Options
    I really work on not remembering things that hurt me, I find it is just better for the soul...so I am not going to partake, but one thing that is very disheartening about my former husband (I try not to call him ex as it just sounds harsher) is that the more weight I lose the nicer he is and the more willing he is to help me in any way he can...hoohum...this is sad to me
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    good grief! i wonder if he has a new ex-grilfriend after that.
    i've been quite lucky in the fact that none of mine have said anything like that (well not that i know of) but my current other half does enjoy jiggling my "wiggly bits", which seriously reduces his chances in the bedroom lol.

my dad was the worse, he got extremely drunk one night when i was a teenager and when the guy i had just started seeing phoned demanded on talking to him, and promptly asked him what he saw in me as i was flat chested, i went to bed after listening to him for 15 minutes (i was so embarresed) but apparently the conversation lasted 2 hours despite my mums best efforts to get him to hang up. if he wasn't my dad i would have flashed him by now to prove him things have changed!
  • BFit40
    BFit40 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I really work on not remembering things that hurt me, I find it is just better for the soul...so I am not going to partake, but one thing that is very disheartening about my former husband (I try not to call him ex as it just sounds harsher) is that the more weight I lose the nicer he is and the more willing he is to help me in any way he can...hoohum...this is sad to me

Thanks for posting. We all have different ways of coping and moving on and I do feel for you.

My ex actually isn't evil - he just wasn't right for me. He did and does say a lot of things without thinking, but being with him helped form the person I am now and I wouldn't give that up. If he hadn't been in my life, I honestly believe my life would not look the way way it is now and I love my life.

Still hoping for some light hearted stories for therapy and laughs!