Cruising soon...What to do? What to do?

Options
2»

Replies

• jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    It's been almost 8 years since I went on a cruise, wasn't watching weight, but they do have lots of healthy food choices. Also, lots of opportunity to exercise (without appearing to do so). On excursions, go snorkeling (swimming exercise), walk along the beaches, walk from ship to destination (if within walking distance), walk through shops at different stops, we even went golfing (in Jamaica), I have never been a good golfer, so I walked more than I rode. After golf, my new hubby says, it's not that far to the ship, let's save the $4 each (what we were told cab fare would be) and walk back - about 45 minutes and 10 miles later we went and collapsed in our cabin :tongue: It was a fun walk though.

Night life on the cruise will have dancing too.

There is plenty to do to exercise off the extras. Just remember, go have fun!
  • Whatnow50
    Whatnow50 Posts: 93
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes! ...big "salad bar" style area that starts with tons of fresh fruits. When in my life do I ever have that kind of wide-ranging choice of fresh, already cleaned and prepped, fruit which typically includes the exotic yummy fruits that aren't always "in season" in Texas? I fill up on those and do the same on the salad bar (skipping dressing ... I'll go for good quality balsamic vinegar every time!).

For cocktails, I bring my own crystal light packets to make drinks with. ...add a shot of coconut vodka. ...only about 70 calories instead of 700 for the special of the day!

THANK YOU for some useful tips... will be using these when sailing July 9th to Alaska!