Good Choices at Red Lobster?

Options
So my anniversary was on Tuesday and my hubby is taking me out for a date night - to Red Lobster :) We used to eat there often before we had kids, but we haven't been there in quite a while. I really don't even know what is on the menu anymore! I'm excited to celebrate with a nice kid free dinner, but I don't want to completely over do it! Anyone know what the best menu items are.....or which ones to avoid? I know the dinner I used to get was full of fried no-no's - I won't be ordering that tonight!

Replies

• PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    STAY AWAY FROM THE DELICIOUS CHEDDAR BISCUITS!!!!!!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options

Almost impossible to do!
  • bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    http://www.redlobster.com/health/nutrition/dinner.asp

Check out the nutritional information and make room by having low calorie meals, no snacks, and a good workout!

More importantly...Happy Anniversary!!!!!
  • lnadeau66
    lnadeau66 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Check this out: http://www.redlobster.com/health/nutrition/light_house.asp
    Looks like steamed lobster is a great choice!:smile:

Enjoy! Lynn
  • kseier
    kseier Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    yes. stay awayyyy from those biscuits. start with a garden salad no cheese no croutons. have some fat free dressing with it and dip your fork in it instead of dumping it on. actually jsut tell the waitress to turn around with those biscuits..thanks but no thanks! pick from their fresh fish menu and have it baked or grilled. get broccoli for you side, ask for it to be cooked with no butter. and itll be really tastey!
  • slynn777
    slynn777 Posts: 17
    Options
    I just went there for my birthday!! Steamed lobster w/ a vegetable. I had a salad also. I looked up what I was eating on MFP on my phone while we were there. Happy Anniversary!
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Whenever I go out to eat, I look at the menu in advance and see if there is nuitritional information. I then decide what I want before I get to the restaurant, and I stick to it.

http://www.redlobster.com/health/nutrition/light_house.asp

Good luck and enjoy!! Happy Anniversary!
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I don't typically eat at Red Lobster, but I do enjoy seafood. You could get crab legs(with very little butter to dip), any kind of non-fried shrimp, but ask for it ti not be cooked in butter, any kind of grilled chicken, lobster tail, any even a small steak. A garden salad with low fat dressing and steamed veggies with naked baked potato are all good side choices. No cheddar bay bisquits, of course, unless you want a little cheat.
  • healthydoseofglitter
    healthydoseofglitter Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    they have all their nutrition online check it out ... what I normally do

I allow myself one biscuit
    avoid alcohol stick with water
    no app.
    salad comes with dinner, and ask for dressing on the side
    wood grilled salmon (YUMMMO)
    grilled shrimp
    steamed broccoli instead of potato or rice

Happy Anniversary!!!!!
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    This site has a list of calories and weight watcher points for the items on the Red Lobster menu. You should be able to find something reasonable there to eat.

http://www.wikiweightwatcher.com/restaurant/red-lobster
  • MaggieMay131
    MaggieMay131 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of yummy healthy choices at Red Lobster! You just have to know what they are :) Steamed lobster, crab legs, and grilled fish are all delish and healthy options. I was there father's day weekend and had an entire pound of steamed crab legs and a baked potato (you can sub for broccoli!), with a garden salad (dressing on the side). IF you can limit yourself to just 1, the biscuits are 150 calories. Not awful but you wouldn't want to have more than 1 :)

Just do like everyone else says and look at the calories before you go. Knowledge is power! lol
  • Penguinita
    Penguinita Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm also going to red lobster tonight! Congrats on your anniversary, I'm just going because they have the $15 feast deal going on in my area (Northern NJ). Check the online menu nutritional info.

I already know what I'm getting:
    Soup : Manhattan Chowder 80 cals, then comes salad I won't use dressing so I'm guessing around 30 calories, as for the entree the wood grilled tilapia is a good choice at 210 calories, then comes dessert which will be SO FULL OF CALORIES HOLY COW either 580 with key lime pie or 540 with sweet cinamon donut holes but damn it I want it so today I will keep my calories super low. I'm staying away from the brownie a la mode its 840 cals.

And as maria wells said, stay away from the buscuits!!
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Atkins so I would go for any of the shellfish/ regular fish or meat that wasn't smothered in something. Salads work as well. No starches. Me myself...I would order some crab legs with a steak and salad and go to town!
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options

Almost impossible to do!

I definitely agree, but I'm going to do my best! :)
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Out of all the restaurants I have gone to since trying to lose weight, I have enjoyed Red Lobster the most. I visit their website and look up their nutrition facts. I particulary enjoy the Seafood Stuffed Flounder. If you still want to drink alcohol, the Corona Light is only 99 calories, which is pretty good compared to a mixed drink. Also, when I know that we're going to eat out, I go the gym and have a beast workout where I burn enough calories to compensate for what I plan to eat that evening; that way I don't feel any guilt afterwards. So enjoy!

Happy Anniversary!!
  • heather62803
    Options
    THanks for all the tips! It all sounds so good, I can't wait! I'm going out for my workout then I'm going to plan my meal! I'll let you know what I have :)
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Any of the Red Lobsters I have eaten at also are very open to special requests on how to make the food. I always get a broiled or grilled meal and ask them to not use butter. Then I either get a veggie or a baked potato (they're small at all the ones around here, probably 4-5 ounces max). I always get my dressing on the side with my salad. If I want a biscuit, I'll just have one, but I don't always want one.
  • BrookeEspinosa
    Options
    Broiled seafood platter with steamed broccolli. Its delicious and low in calories.
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options

Almost impossible to do!

I just tell our server not to bring them out. If they are not on the table....no temptation to eat them!!! (if I am with a group of friends this does not go over so well....then it is up to me and my will power!!! lol)
  • heather62803
    Options
    So this is what I decided to have tonight:

House Salad w/ Balsamic Vin. on the side

Create Your Own Feast - 2 items
    Snow Crab Legs
    Garlic Grilled Shrimp
    Broccoli

and I even have enough calories left for 1 biscuit (although that puts me over on my sodium)

We never really drink alcohol when we're out together so that shouldn't be a problem - Water it is :)

Now I have to stick to the rest of my day to allow for this...although I'm so excited about this meal that I don't think it will be much of a problem!!