What time?

Options
What time do you usually eat dinner? Also what time do you usually go to bed?

I try and have dinner by 6pm and be in bed by 10/10:30.

Replies

• Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    What time do you usually eat dinner? Also what time do you usually go to bed?

I try and have dinner by 6pm and be in bed by 10/10:30.
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    that is usually how it is for me, i also make sure that i don't eat ANYTHING no later than 8;30 max, i heard from Bob Green, that it really helps with weight loss, to not eat anything 2 hrs before you go to bed. i hope this helps :flowerforyou:
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I usually have dinner around 5-6. I go to bed early around 9-10. That's because I get up at 5 every morning.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I usually don't end up eating until after 7pm, sometimes not even until 9 or 10pm. Then I go to bed around 11/11:30pm.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I usuall try to eat before 8:00. During the week I go to bed no later than 10:30 because I have to get up at 5:00 in the morning to get ready for work.
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I stink! I can't get myself to go to bed early. Maybe cos I have this free style working hours (it's good if I'm at the office in the morning, but don't always have to be and can also work from home). I've tried for a month now to change that, by waking up at 7:30 or 8 something, but I ended up being tired all morning and still not going to bed when I should. So this is more like venting, rather than meant to give you advice. Actually, it is the power of example: don't do it like me. Wish I knew the way out, but I guess as long as this job goes on, I'll have to live with it and put less pressure on myself... :grumble:

I've tried a while ago not eating after 6pm. Was more like a diet, I don't recommend it - you go to bed with an empty stomach and until you get used to it, you have hard times falling asleep. The best way is: 2-3 hours before going to bed, not too heavy and too much, and then some light and low-calorie snack, if you really need to. But as said, I'm not practicing what I've just preached.
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I eat my dinner around 9-10pm and I go to bed at 2am. I work afternoons so my hours are different.
    :smile:
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Depends, on the days that my husband works we don't eat until 8:00 and then in bed by 9:30. On days he's off, we eat around 6:00 and still in bed around 9:30. I exercise in the mornings before work so I'm up and on the treadmill or on the street by 6:00 every morning.
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    Usually around 7. I have a strange work schedule and get home at all different hours of the night.

I have been going to bed wayyy too late lately. Usually 12 or 1am, but I try to shoot for 11pm.
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    Usually around 8-ish. I don't go to bed until around midnight, so I always end up having to eat again! :laugh:
  • mstuehm
    mstuehm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Right now I eat at 7 or so because of color guard practice but normally I eat at 5 and then I'm in bed by 9:30.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I eat at about 10 and go to bed around 11. It really doesn't matter what time you stop eating, just that you stop before you start overeating. :wink:
  • elfkin2001
    Options
    We generally eat around 8pm unless I have class. Then I try to get to bed by 10-10:30 but it generally ends up 11pm
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I usually eat about 7:30 and try to hit the hay by 10:00
    I have 2 little ones and am usually up by at least 6:30am..fun fun

Kim
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    We eat at 7pm. I try to stay up til 11pm, but getting up once or twice a night with the baby usually has me asleep on the couch at 9!!
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Wow - everyone eats pretty late! We eat dinner at 4:30 (busy schedule), and bed by 9 PM (I get up at 4 AM).

I like having dinner done early, so we can focus on homework, housework, etc. for the rest of the evening, and I may have a small snack after the kids go to sleep (8:30 PM on a good day).

I use a crockpot, so we eat the minute we get home from work/school - then rush off to swim practice.