30day shred question

Colfiii
Colfiii Posts: 124 Member
edited 6:23AM in Fitness and Exercise
Hi, is there anybody else ( especially females) that had lower abdominal pain when starting the 30day Shred ? I m in my second day and after finishing the exercise I feel a very strong lower abdominal pain ( something similar to my menstruation pain ) . Does anybody have the same problem? Should I see a doctor ? Do you have any idea why this might happen ?

Thanks

Replies

• angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    I never had any pain...and I did it the full 30 days....I would say....go to a doctor and get checked out!!

Good luck!!!
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    I get something similar if I do the workout during that time of the month or if I am due for my period. I usually just drink a lot of water and take it easy for the day. It usually subsides after a few hours.
  • Frumpy2Fit
    Frumpy2Fit Posts: 137 Member
    I am so glad you posted this! As embarrassing as it is to say, I am having the same issue. It was really bad the first couple of days but I completed day 6 last night and I haven't really noticed the crampy feeling anymore. I chalked it up to just having used muscles I haven't in a while and probably having slight muscle spasms or something along that line. Who knows...but the pain did go away! Sorry if this wasn't very helpful!!!
  • rainbowbuggy
    rainbowbuggy Posts: 320
    Have you ever had a c-section or a stomach surgery? I notice when I do cruches it pulls my muscles and that causes me to be sore (I've had 3 c-sections). Just take it easy and see how the next couple of days goes.
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Ok, a couple of things. 1. are you about to start? I cramp a lot during/after exercise if I'm about to start or am on my TOM. and 2. If I really work it out and kill it in the ab routines, I cramp. I mean, it makes sense, your muscles are being "shredded" for lack of a better word and you will cramp.
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    It's probably just the muscles aren't being used to that type of workout.
    I'm on day 4 of the 30DS, when I do any ab exercises, my lower abdomin kills, but it subsides after a few minutes.
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    This is also very true. I had a c-section almost 2 years ago and still get some pain around my incision
  • syiyi
    syiyi Posts: 341 Member
    you should see a doctor just to make sure! better be safe than sorry.
  • I've has a c/s and it definitely messes with the muscles down there. It never hurts for longer than 5 minutes after the exercise, though and is usually gone by Cool Down time.

I would ask your doctor about it though, just to be safe. You dont want to be continuously hurting yourself.
  • Colfiii
    Colfiii Posts: 124 Member
    thanks everybody :) . I had no c-section ... but I had an appendicitis cut so might be that too , it tends to hurt a little more on the side where that is. However, I ll try a couple of days more and see a doctor just in case ... . The pain indeed goes away after I m done and the muscles feel extremely relaxed but however ... I ll go as some of u suggested ahead for few days and also as other said :)) I ll see a doc and find out about this.
    thanks a lot
This discussion has been closed.