tracking exercise......

Options
So I have my goal set to lose 1lb a week. This week I lost .8 So things are going pretty good. I am starting back to exercise though this week and I don't think that I want to track and eat my calories on here. I would love to lose more than 1lb a week. Maybe 1 and 1/2 or close to two. So I was thinking that I could just track my work out calories burned in another place and still eat the 1310 a day that MFP has me eating. I mean I am not running marathons here or anything, so I am not going to be creating some huge calorie deficit. Just a little extra. Like this week I just want to challenge myself to getting 20 minutes of activity a day. Any thoughts on taking this route?

Replies

• Lefriedline
    Lefriedline Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Why don't you set your weight loss goal to 2 lbs a week? Also if you enter your exercise calories on here your allotted calories will increase too and you can keep everything in one place. I never eat all of my exercise calories back so you can still remain close to your 1300 that you want to eat! Just check your food calories instead of net :)
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Why don't you set your weight loss goal to 2 lbs a week? Also if you enter your exercise calories on here your allotted calories will increase too and you can keep everything in one place. I never eat all of my exercise calories back so you can still remain close to your 1300 that you want to eat! Just check your food calories instead of net :)
    MY SUGGESTION EXACTLY!!!!!
  • donsoccermom
    Options
    @Lefriedline>
    Im with you on that one, excellent advice. Its much easier in one Place!! :-) good luck
  • Happyhappy352
    Options
    You may be surprised how many calories you burn with modest effort; I'd suggest tracking them on here because the last thing you want is to accidentially stumble into starvation mode.
    I second this motion!!