BBQ side dishes

Options
tafaye
tafaye Posts: 19 Member
Ok, I am planing the menu for a BBQ. I am trying to come up with some healthy side dishes. Of course I am going to do fresh veggies and fresh fruit. Need some other sugestions....

Replies

• Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Options
    I make these zucchini/ yellow squash kebobs that everyone seems to love. Just cut up some zucchini and yellow squash and use wood skewers. Cover the kebobs with olive oil and sprinkle with cajun spice. Grill them on both sides for a few minutes and they're done.
  • Buddie616
    Buddie616 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I make these zucchini/ yellow squash kebobs that everyone seems to love. Just cut up some zucchini and yellow squash and use wood skewers. Cover the kebobs with olive oil and sprinkle with cajun spice. Grill them on both sides for a few minutes and they're done.

I just slobbered everywhere!!! LOL!!! :laugh:
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options

That sounds super tasty! I had a side the other day, it was carrots, yellow squash, and zucchini julienned into little strips so fine they were like pasta, then tossed in a light herb sauce. It was heavenly!

When we do barbecue, we always do beans as a side--not the big, fancy, flavored ones, but rather plain ol' black beans or kidneys with a bit of our own spice mixed in so we can better control the calories and sodium.

Kris
  • Bretto
    Bretto Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    A healthy way to make veggie dip it to take plain greek yogurt and mix in a little ranch dip. That would be yummy with your veggies.
    Try tossing big chunks of zuccini, onions, peppers, whole mushrooms in a gallon size zip lock with a little olive oil and some garlic and salad supreme. Then wrap in foil and place it on the grill for 20 min. enjoy!
  • Fluffy1962
    Fluffy1962 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bobby Flay's Honey-Rum Baked Black Beans.... Awesome....

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/Bobby_Flays_baked_beans.html