Newbie in PA

Options
Hi to everyone here. I have been lurking on the boards for the last 2 weeks, decided it was time to introduce myself. My name is Amy and I am a 30 y/o mom to an (almost) 3 year old boy and a 7 y/o girl. I have been working off and on since last August to lose weight...so far I am down 40 lbs. I spent a good deal of the summer slacking off and started seeing much of my hard earned muscle turning back to fat. About 3 weeks ago I decided to do something about it! Somehow, this time feels different...more of a permenant lifestyle change, rather than a quick fix diet.
Right now, my biggest problem is eating all my calories. From everything I have been reading, I know that is so important. It's hard though when you aren't hungry! I am working on it though. :smile:
I am so glad I found this site, it has really helped with the motivation processs!

97546.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal

Replies

• amycakes812
    Options
    Hi to everyone here. I have been lurking on the boards for the last 2 weeks, decided it was time to introduce myself. My name is Amy and I am a 30 y/o mom to an (almost) 3 year old boy and a 7 y/o girl. I have been working off and on since last August to lose weight...so far I am down 40 lbs. I spent a good deal of the summer slacking off and started seeing much of my hard earned muscle turning back to fat. About 3 weeks ago I decided to do something about it! Somehow, this time feels different...more of a permenant lifestyle change, rather than a quick fix diet.
    Right now, my biggest problem is eating all my calories. From everything I have been reading, I know that is so important. It's hard though when you aren't hungry! I am working on it though. :smile:
    I am so glad I found this site, it has really helped with the motivation processs!

97546.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome!
    Yes, the motivation is DEFINITELY here! I'm sure you'll do just great at MFP, and will love it as much as the rest of us do. It REALLY, REALLY works!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    0002013F.gif
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Woohoo for another PA MFPer! Welcome and congrats on the weight loss that you've already accomplished! MFP definitely helps you to see the changes that you will be making as a permanent lifestyle change rather than a diet.
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome and congrats so far!
  • amycakes812
    Options
    Woohoo for another PA MFPer! Welcome and congrats on the weight loss that you've already accomplished! MFP definitely helps you to see the changes that you will be making as a permanent lifestyle change rather than a diet.

What part of PA are you in Laura? I am a transplant....originally from Houston, moved to Baltimore and then settled in here. :bigsmile:
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    I'm in Shippensburg...and other than the university here, there's not much going on...so you might not have heard of it lol...I'm about 45 minutes south of Harrisburg...and I lived in Texas for awhile too! Fort Hood to be exact (ex husband was Army).
  • amycakes812
    Options
    I'm in Shippensburg...and other than the university here, there's not much going on...so you might not have heard of it lol...I'm about 45 minutes south of Harrisburg...and I lived in Texas for awhile too! Fort Hood to be exact (ex husband was Army).

I'm not sure where Shippensburg is, but I am in York, so I would guess we aren't too far apart. :smile:
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options

I'm not sure where Shippensburg is, but I am in York, so I would guess we aren't too far apart. :smile:

Nope not that far at all!
  • angievan26
    Options
    I am from pa too.. .I live in Mont Alto
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I'm from PA too, about half hour/an hour from Pittsburgh.