anouther stupid calorie question!

Options
Mfp is saying I am at a 1000 calories deficit to lose 2 pounds a week.

I typically go over the calories recomended by mfp( 1320) by a hundred or so. making my total that I eat is Around 1500 daily -- and I am gaining weight! I have put on two pounds over the last week or so - but acording to mfp I am still under my calories by 800 a day ???? Should I be changing my goals to less active!

I am a mother of four boys and on the go from 7:30am till 8:30 pm -- I do try to exersice five times a week and eat all my exercise calories- however over this last week I have not gone to the gym - but I am not eating that many extra calories either-- Any ideas what the problem might be?

Replies

• jenn10
    jenn10 Posts: 161
    Options

I typically go over the calories recomended by mfp( 1320) by a hundred or so. making my total that I eat is Around 1500 daily -- and I am gaining weight! I have put on two pounds over the last week or so - but acording to mfp I am still under my calories by 800 a day ???? Should I be changing my goals to less active!

I am a mother of four boys and on the go from 7:30am till 8:30 pm -- I do try to exersice five times a week and eat all my exercise calories- however over this last week I have not gone to the gym - but I am not eating that many extra calories either-- Any ideas what the problem might be?
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    It could be possible you are eating too little.

But all in all... a 2 pound fluctuation is normal, especially for women. You can gain and lose that much in water in a week (heck, in a day). So, I wouldn't sweat it yet.
  • JennyGetsFit
    JennyGetsFit Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    yes, I agree - 2 pounds is not a weight gain!
    My weight goes up and down 5 pounds, so I never panic about that. If it stays under 140(which it was since last Dec) - I am in a good shape.

what is your weight/height ? I can check using a different calc just to compare.
    you can send this to me in a e-mail if you like
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My weight changes all the time with in 3 pounds. I don't stress about that.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

When I first joined...I thought we were to use a typical day as what our general activity level was...I thought we were to include the workouts.....oops...glad someone posted that we don't ! SO that dropped me down several levels........
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Also take into consideration your overall activity level, metabolic rate and AGE. As we get older it gets tougher to shed those pounds and for women the weight chagnes from hour to hour. Especially during illness, stress, depression, and don't forget menstrual cycle. Don't sweat 2 -5 pounds but don't let it exceed that.