help and encouragment needed - 30 day shred is killng me

Colfiii
Colfiii Posts: 124 Member
edited 6:25AM in Fitness and Exercise
OMG ... I'm in my second day of 30day shred and I feel I'm dying, all my legs muscles hurt and I wonder if I ll be able to do it again tomorrow ... did anyone felt the same ? like u can't go ahead and u re all sore and in pain ?? :))) ... wish I m brave and strong enough to do it again ... it is SOO HARD :)) ... I m fine with doing cardio 3 hours long but 20 minutes of 30DayShred just killed me ...

Replies

• daisymae9801
    daisymae9801 Posts: 208 Member
    OMG ... I'm in my second day of 30day shred and I feel I'm dying, all my legs muscles hurt and I wonder if I ll be able to do it again tomorrow ... did anyone felt the same ? like u can't go ahead and u re all sore and in pain ?? :))) ... wish I m brave and strong enough to do it again ... it is SOO HARD :)) ... I m fine with doing cardio 3 hours long but 20 minutes of 30DayShred just killed me ...

Yes! I took the second day off because I was so sore. Don't worry. It WILL go away! It went away after the 3rd or 4th time.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    ahhhh that's because it's working all those muscles!!! I just stare at Jillian's abs hahahah and I think "you will be mine!" the pain will ease up, just work through it!!!
  • white_lily
    white_lily Posts: 12 Member
    I felt like that too the first time I did it, and I felt so bad about not going back to it.
    So I started it again on Monday and I am getting used to it.
    Maybe spend a few minutes extra doing the cool down and stretching at the end - this will help the aching.
    Also if you do it in the morning do some stretchs before you go to bed, or if you do it in the evening do some when you get up.
    The main thing is to keep going - you will feel better for it :)
  • It gets easier!! I'm on Day 2 of Level 2 and I haven't missed a day yet. KEEP IT UP!!
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    just keep it up.....sore or not! you can push thru it (you might not have the full "range" coz you're so sore) but after 3 or 4 days, it will go away. you will be amazed at that point, how much you feel it's really working!
    hang in there!!
  • ahappyapple
    ahappyapple Posts: 128 Member
    It is hard for me to do everyday so I just make sure I do it a few times a week. I figure when I get into better shape then I will be able to do it everyday.
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Felt the same, by day 4 or 5 it doesn't feel nearly as bad. I had to hold onto the rails to kind guide me down the stairs, plop down on the toilet, winced when i had to get back up.. Yep! but it does get better
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    I think after my second day i couldn't walk. Then it seriously started to get easier. By day 6 or 7 you won't believe how great you'll feel doing it! Plug through it... you'll be so proud of yourself in a few more days :)
  • That was my experience after the first day. I got really shaky and didn't feel well and then the next morning all of my muscles felt like they were on fire! This will go away though. My muscles stopped hurting after the 4th or 5th day. Keep it up, it will get easier!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    It took me forever to get into doing it everyday and I still don't! LOL I aim for 2 days on and a day off. I also do Zumba class, use the elliptical, and do other strength exercises throughout each day. Be sure to do some stretching beyond what she does, it will help the soreness be less.
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 843 Member
    You just have to push thru the pain, youll be less sore by day 3 and by day 5 you wont really be sore at all. if you skip a day now you might not start again. I am on day 26 of my 2nd round of 30 days. havent missed a day. Push thru the pain, you will be rewarded =]
  • Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    You can do it! I wouldn't skip day 2 after you do day 1. I think I did it 6 days a week starting out just because I kept pushing myself. I say try doing it for 2 days then rest day then 2 more until you feel like you can do it more. Or 3 on and 1 off. It's so worth it. You will so see the inches come off.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Second day is the hardest. She doesn't stretch you enough before or after. Do some stretching before for about 2 min and after for 3. You'll feel sooooooo much better.
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    I was a distance runner before I started my first round of this and by the third day I was so sore it hurt to even sit. But stuck through it and by the next couple of days the soreness gets A TON better. Such great results from this workout.
  • _CHRISTIE_
    _CHRISTIE_ Posts: 237 Member
    hahahahah I could have typed this word for word this morning I started it yesterday too....and Just had this same conversation with my coworker... I had a time trying to get my 2 year old out of the car and up the steps to her grandmothers (only 4 steps lol) this am.... I'm sooo sooo sooo sore I cannot hardly move!! Glad to know this is normal!!
  • gd50cent
    gd50cent Posts: 231 Member
    i agree. today will be day 5 for me and i feel fine now but after day 2 and 3 i was wondering what i'd got myself in for. keep at it and you'll be fine in a couple of days. at least u know its working!

as jillian says - 'unless you faint puke or die, keep going!'
  • jadam6
    jadam6 Posts: 121 Member
    Yeah I felt the same too, as if I'd been kicked. It does go away - with me it was after the third day.
  • Evotchka
    Evotchka Posts: 144 Member
    I can't even tell you guys how much that helps me to hear. I did day 2 today and I felt so great yesterday after the first time and thought that I could really do it but now, even 3 hours after my workout, I am still so weak. Walking from my car to the office, carrying my stuff was an ordeal and everything hurts but now that I can be sure that it get's better, I wont give up!
  • TopazCarey
    TopazCarey Posts: 263
    I started yesterday too and I could barely get down the stairs this morning I was so sore. Glad to see everyone says it gets better. Can't wait to get past the soreness.
  • SMCNEIL40
    SMCNEIL40 Posts: 80 Member
    OMG, I start 30DS today!! Thanks for posting, now I know what to expect! Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.