So I like my snake. . .

Options
GreatSetOfBrains
GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
Hey guys I was wondering what type of people my MFP friend really are. Are you a cat person, dog person, fish person? Me. . I'm a snake person. . I love my snake, and he never makes a mess and is always willing to let me hold him. :)

Replies

• tiger7171
    tiger7171 Posts: 17
    Options
    HATE SNAKES. EVEN if you are holding it i will go other way.
  • ladyerin79
    ladyerin79 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am most definitely a cat person! I love my kitties. They're soft and love to cuddle, they're relaxing when they purr, and they are pretty independent and don't make messes. :wink:
  • TaraRawr
    TaraRawr Posts: 10
    Options
    I love animals...most animals...but I LOVE my snake too! I have a corn snake. What kind do you have?
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I am most definitely a cat person! I love my kitties. They're soft and love to cuddle, they're relaxing when they purr, and they are pretty independent and don't make messes. :wink:

Agreed; I would be the crazy cat lady if my husband would allow it!
  • Ambeltz2016
    Ambeltz2016 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    snakes are cool i have a leopard gecko myself
  • durlingkristi
    Options
    My sister has a beautiful snack, Mr.Whitmen :happy: but I'm a big bread dog person.
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    I have a horrible phobia of snakes :frown: They scare the bajeebus out of me! But I am a cat person. Not like freakishly crazy cat lady with 20 cats, but I have one fluffy little orange fur ball that I love to pieces :heart: :love: Her name is Fiona. She looks like Puss in Boots from Shrek but she is a girl, hence the name Fiona, after Princess Fiona. She's a little bit of a diva but I love her anyways :bigsmile: And I am powerless against the charm of a kitten :love:
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I'm an animal person... I have a special fondess for cats (I've got one who's been with me about 11 years now) but I also have fish. In the past I've cared for guinea pigs, a rabbit, and box turtles. I'd love to own a rat - I had a friend who did, and they're very intelligent animals. :smile:
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm torn between cats and dogs but if I had to choose I prefer cats. Cat's are so independent, dogs are a little more work.
  • dogwhisperette
    dogwhisperette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Ha... quess my user name will say it all! However, cats come a close second but snakes are not even in the running.
  • Montco_cancel
    Montco_cancel Posts: 74 Member
    Options

I disagree. Both of my cats have hairballs all of the time. Really disgusting ones. Despite all the efforts of changing foods, giving them medicine, they constantly are puking on our carpets. My dog makes much less mess.
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I love all animals with fur :smile:

My favourite though has got to be my horse, and the best advantage is that he never makes a mess in the house :laugh:
  • tracey2710
    tracey2710 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Geez, flashback to an audition on Britian's Got Talent, tiny wee 7 year old girl (I think she was 7) reciting a poem with an enormous, gigantic snake wrapped around her, I thought it was going to strangle her. :noway:
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Favorites are dogs. I have 2 Border Collie mutts, my kids. Also have a very mellow cat who thinks he's a dog. First cat I've ever liked. Probably because he's the first one I've had who doesn't jump on counters! Used to have Leopard Geckos and a Ball Python. Python was ok, but the Geckos were great. If the crickets I fed them didn't stink so much, I'd get some again.
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I love all animals but am unfortunately allergic to cats. I have 2 dogs of my own but volunteer for a dog rescue group. So between fostering and dog sitting I have 5 puppies at my house right now. Snakes don't bother me, I used to have an albino cand-cane corn snake. He was beautiful and sweet.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I love my kittens so so so much.
    I'd love to have a pet scorpion, tarantula, or eel tho.

My bf wont allow any of those three in the house tho lol
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Snakes are kinda cool - freakishly strong (held a Burmese Python at the Croc Hunter Zoo in Oz)...
    but I love my dogs... I wish I could be the dog lady and rescue every dog... but my husband is ready to divorce me over the 2nd dog we got (a JRT)....
    And I'd really love a horse too.
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I love animals...most animals...but I LOVE my snake too! I have a corn snake. What kind do you have?

I have a Brazillian Rainbow Boaa. . I have some pictures of him when he was pretty little in my profile. Actually he's not gotten too much bigger. He is about 6 1/2 feet maybe? Crap it's been forever since I mearsured him. . I should do that today. Hmm. . We got him when he was 2 weeks old the first week of June 09.

I'd like to get an Emerald Tree Boa, but they are caught wild as adults rather than babies and I don't know if I could trust one very uikcly.
  • sshap21712
    sshap21712 Posts: 139
    Options
    Wow! Now I'm a cat person, but when I lived in Miami i had 13 snakes at one point, including a 13 foot boa. (It cost like 300 bucks a month to feed them. The 13 footer used to eat baby chickens and rabbits) I came very close to buying a ball python last weekend. I miss my snakes a lot!
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options