So close to goal weight. What should I do?

Options
Hello. I am only 3 pounds away from my goal weight. The only thing is, is that I am skinny everywhere else but for my legs. My stomach is lean and so are my arms. I am afraid if I lose any more weight that I will look sickly on top. My thighs still have a lot of fat on them. Should I be focusing more on weight training than on cardio so I can build more muscle to burn the fat on my legs or should I continue witht the cardio and the weight training and keep loosing weight until my legs are were I want them to be? I really don't care about what weight I end up. I just want to be lean with muscle and look fit.

Replies

• marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    definitely weight training.... and go heavy - 10 pounds or more
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling this will be my problem too so I am bumping it :)
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Weights, build that muscle and the fat will come off. In your case the thighs are the last to let go of the fat, others it might be the belly. Building more muscle will keep your upper body toned and help burn off that last bit of fat.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    And nice ink.
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I have lost so much on top that my top is rather thin and my legs are still holding onto all the fat. I look like my top and bottom don't belong together. Not really sure what to do! I am 3 lbs away from goal weight but what I want more is for my legs to slim down. They don't seem to ever get any smaller! Will they eventually if I just keep working out or what??
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    Weights, build that muscle and the fat will come off. In your case the thighs are the last to let go of the fat, others it might be the belly. Building more muscle will keep your upper body toned and help burn off that last bit of fat.

^^This.