One LB per week - no matter what it takes

Options
Although I weigh myself every day, I only really "count" what I weigh on Saturday morning. I dont eat or drink anything after 6pm friday night and I try to get 9-10 hours of sleep that night. After I sleep in and spend some quality time in the bathroom ( I always eat a lot of greens and beans during the day on friday), I weigh myself. I am always very hungry at that point and am fairly certain I dont have anything churning through my digestive system. It's always my lowest weight of the week and what I consider my current weight.

No matter what, that number MUST be at least one pound lower than it was the week before. No excuses. No "free" weeks. Last saturday, it was 259, so I know it must be 258 (or less) tomorrow. If I land on 257.5 tomorrow, I know the number has to be 256.5 the next week. Nothing rolls over. Each week is a new week, and each week must equate to at least a one lb loss.

Over the last 11 Saturdays, I have only failed twice in my initial weigh-in to reach that 1 lb loss requirement. Both times, I did the same thing: Went outside, cut my grass, came in, took a long hot bath and then crawled back in bed for a couple hours. when i got up and weighed myself again, I was under the number I needed. I didnt feel like I was doing anything dangerous either time, just went a couple extra hours without food or drink and broke a sweat.

I realize that is juking the stats, but it's important to keep a steady pace. Both times I couldnt "make weight" on the first attempt, I considered what I had done for the week and made changes in my diet and exercise plan for the following week. On the following saturday, I had no trouble shaving off the LB.

If you dont understand the "no rollover" rule, you might think this plan will have me lose 52 lbs in a year. That's not the case. Since each week starts over and requires a new loss of 1 LB, then any time I lose more than a pound in a week, that amount creates a new mark. This Saturday will make 11 weeks where I have lost at least 1 LB each week, but I will have lost a total of 29 LBs during that time. I know there will come a time when i can't keep up this pace, but I am eager to see just how long I can go.

Replies

• tasoconnor
    tasoconnor Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Talk about dedication! Keep it up.
  • Sj20fame
    Sj20fame Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I see determination, motivation, and goals! SO GREAT JOB!! DO IT and good luck!

-Jess From Illinois
  • RenshiG
    RenshiG Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm I know my grass needs a cutting tomorrow morning! Heh I think I just found an inspiration. Thanks! :-)
  • kayleeblue
    kayleeblue Posts: 273
    Options
    Keep up the good work! I also do something similar. I weigh myself often during the week and it goes up and down 1-3 pounds. But when I get on the scale on Friday it had better be a pound lighter then the week before.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    eeeh i accept that weight fluctuation so much so i don't fuss if my weekly loss isn't the greatest. i think i would just get too frustrated with that plan! but it's what works for you that matters!! looks like you've had a lot of success! :)
  • marquesajen
    marquesajen Posts: 641
    Options
    That's determination :)
    I love that you say you WILL make it, not that you HOPE/WANT to make it. You've got the strength :D

I'm doing something similar. I weigh in on Thursday after a trip to the loo. I like your roll over idea, I think I'll adopt it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!