ONE MONTH of NO sweets!! I'm going to do this! :D

Options
2»

Replies

• rdaniellelackey
    Options
    I would love to do it too! I'm with the ladies starting Monday the 4th. I haven't had a drink in over a year due to having a baby, so I have to have a few margaritas this saturday and they are full of sugar! But after that i'm game! Yay!
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    HOW ARE YOU DOING LADIES?!
    Today is day FIVE of my NO SWEETS IN JULY challenge..:) I have had PLENTY of opportunities to gobble up delicious cookies, chocolate, etc....even opportunities to 'sneak' things....and then I thought "who are you 'sneaking' from? yourself?? HOW CRAZY!! haha....
    So I am HAPPY TO SAY that I have had ZERO sweets thus far.....I"m trying to stay positive, and focus on everything I CAN eat!
    I've been enjoying watermelon apples, etc. when I need a little treat....so far so good!! :)
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Okay we're on day six, how is everyone doing? So far I've been able to resist any sweets. I had a sip of soda to take some meds one day, but that's it. I'm not really a soda drinker anyway, but I have notice I've been drinking more crystal light. Are you guys avoiding sweets all together, or just eatting sugar free sweets instead?!?
  • amsx05
    amsx05 Posts: 4
    Options
    sounds like you guys are doing great! :)
  • ShelbyLB
    Options
    another day of NO SWEETS!!! :) Its already July 7th....wow!!!! This month is flying by!!
    Is anyone else feeling fabulous without sweets?!?!
  • RattieLove
    RattieLove Posts: 125
    Options
    WOW, I LOVE YOU :D I am a sugar craver through and through, and that sounded JUST like something I would do (tell myself I'll have a nibble and then eat all of it and more!)

So I'll do this next month, as it's when I start P90X. August will be my no sweets month!! Thanks for this!! <3 xo Stay with it girl and load up on that fruit if you get a sweets craving! ;)
  • ShelbyLB
    Options
    RattieLove...YAY FOR NO SWEETS IN AUGUST!!! Honestly, I'm already 7 days into it and I feel FABULOUS!! I dont even WANT to eat chocolate and donuts.....and TRUUUST me.....I used to eat them like a mad-woman!!!
    Its definitely a 'fun' challenge to put yourself through...and I KNOW it will be worthwhile!!!!
  • RattieLove
    RattieLove Posts: 125
    Options
    RattieLove...YAY FOR NO SWEETS IN AUGUST!!! Honestly, I'm already 7 days into it and I feel FABULOUS!! I dont even WANT to eat chocolate and donuts.....and TRUUUST me.....I used to eat them like a mad-woman!!!
    Its definitely a 'fun' challenge to put yourself through...and I KNOW it will be worthwhile!!!!

*squeals in delight* :DDDD
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    Options
    Haha so I have to tell you about my day. Its 2:35 and I just got home from work. When I got to work there were chocolate glazed dounuts calling my name, I said no thanks not a big deal. So I work in 5 stores and today in two of them there where these dounuts, at one of them thre was Happy Birthday July Employee's cake, and in the other two they were sampling cookies. I felt like I had a little devil on my shoulder. I keep telling myself it's not a big deal, no thank you, but it was crazy difficult today lol. To top it off last night I had a dream that I had a box of Hot Tomales in my pocket and my family keep telling me no sweets no sweets and I would sneak one everytime people were not looking. . I woke up and I wanted to go buy some lol
  • ShelbyLB
    Options
    Sunshine you are awesome!!! bahaha...WAY TO GO not giving in to the sweets..and ESPECIALLY to donuts....you have will power girl!!!! WOOT WOOOT!!! :D
    Just think...we are already on DAY 7!!!!!! WE CAN SOOOO DO THIS!! :D
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    Options
    Day 12, can you believe it?!?!? I'm not gonna lie this is getting harder. Shouldn't it be getting easier?!?
    022988 Posts: 8
    Options
    I want to give this a try! I think this is my biggest downfall, I think (like today!) I'll have just one cookie. Then end up having four! If I could seriously cut down I would be so much more successful with losing weight. And I bet it would taste much better as a treat then a regular thing. I'm going to go for a week at first and see from there!