Need help with my choices, Share your knowledge ;)

Options
Well my day usually consist of stuff that are easy for on the go.. like packaged Bistro salads, low fat tuna kits, Lean Cuisines, Banquet dinners, stuff in that region. I understand that they are high in sodium but even with eating this selection i still stay in my limit of carbs/fat/sodium.

I just need some help in my choice of the frozen to go items... should i try cooking like 3 time a week and bring extra for work? WHAT ARE SOME EASY, FAST recipes?

What are some good snacks for between meals besides fruit, because ima snacker!! Ive tried the what thin crackers ( whic are awesome ) the new wheat pringles, popcorn ofcourse, Cheese sticks... i need some knew healthy but delicious snacks =))

OH!! and for my Crystal Light lovers.. They have a hard 'life saver' type of candy now, and they are good!! =) helps with cravingss..

So yea.. Help me out guys <33

Thanks for reading ;)

Replies

• reilinga
    reilinga Posts: 3
    Options
    i really enjoy special k snack bars. the raspberry cheesecake one is great if youre craving something sweet!
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    http://www.womenshealthmag.com/weight-loss/snacks-to-make?cm_mmc=Dose-Newsletter-_-629270-_-06302011-_-Main-Image

Here's a website for Women's Health Magazine about some healthy snacks you can make :)
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Chobani greek yogurt is one of my go-to's. You're welcome to friend me and see my food diary too.
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I always have almonds with me. A healthy snack, but limit to 18/snack....100calories. Protein shakes fill you up and have low carbs. When I cook something like baked fish....I make enough to last me 2-3 meals. I do the same with veggies. Sauteed onions are even better when you throw in green beans or snow peas........ make enough for leftovers. Grill or bake several chicken breasts and have a wrap with a low carb tortilla and some raw spinach or salad greens wrapped in. Lot's of choices.....
  • Disinte_GratioN
    Options
    Nature Valley Dark Chocolate and Nut granola bars!
  • ThaCookieMonster
    ThaCookieMonster Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info guys!!
  • SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I've been obsessed with not having any processed foods for the past several months and while it super sucked at first, I feel so much better and there really are tons of snack ideas that aren't processed. I'm a fan of almonds too or a small piece of fruit. I LOVE these little frozen packs of organic edamame (American Sweet Bean brand) that I can throw in my purse on the way to work and they're thawed by the time I need a snack in the afternoon (and since it takes a little effort to pop the beans out of the pod to eat each one, I eat slower (plus they're really good!) Granola is always good or an apple/celery with some natural peanut butter always fills me up. Those blue corn organic tortilla chips with some salsa are awesome too. And I'm weird and slice up and eat lemons with a little salt fairly often too (not the best on your teeth though lol). And before I started trying the whole vegan thing, I was OBSESSED with Fage greek yogurt. The honey one is ridic- so so so good. :happy:

I hate cooking so when I make myself do it, I always just double the recipe so I can have leftovers too. I'm not a "cook everything on Sunday and have your meals for the week" person at all, and I can't take the time to put all my snacks in organized little baggies for the week or anything. But I figure I can always handle doubling a recipe haha
  • LilLolo22
    LilLolo22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    One thing I've recently discovered are Bird's Eye steam fresh veggies. Most of them have very little sodium and I'll just heat and eat a pack of something along with some lean protein. It's very filling.

Sweet potatoes you can microwave. Put a tiny bit of butter (I like Smart Balance w/Olive oil) and sprinkle cinnamon.

There are also some microwavable brown rice bags out there.

For snacks: Laughing Cow cheese is great! There are 100 cal packs of almonds from Blue Diamond (don't get the salted or flavored kind). Also greek yogurt mixed with about a half cup or fruit. Or do a sugar free/fat free chocolate pudding cup mixed w/a half cup of strawberries. Roasted seaweed snacks are super low in calories and sodium but taste delish. Same with roasted edamame. PB on wheat crackers (Vinta crackers are my current fav) or on apples.
  • randisaucier
    randisaucier Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I've been obsessed with not having any processed foods for the past several months and while it super sucked at first, I feel so much better and there really are tons of snack ideas that aren't processed. I'm a fan of almonds too or a small piece of fruit.

I can't agree with this more! Since I have taken processed foods out of my diet the weight seems to be melting off! My go to snacks are fruit, Fage yogurt, almonds or even a small bowl of Kashi Go Lean (not the crunch it has too much sugar) with skim milk. I also love to buy frozen berries of most any type and snack on them if I have a sweet tooth....so good!
  • ThaCookieMonster
    Options
    lol @ Spectacu.. I feel you on the baggies and stuff but it is a good idea..
    Im not big fan of greek yogurt but its popular.. i like the 80 calorie light&fit which is good to...
  • ThaCookieMonster
    Options
    @foxylo
    Good idea with the chocalate and strawberries, love it!

@Randi/Spect
    Im really thinking about stopping.. you ladies have inspired me to stop with processed... ima give it a go the next time i go shopping..
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Marzetti's makes a yogurt dip called Otria (over in the salad section). I like the one with feta and dill the best and I slice up a cucumber to go with it! It is very good and good for you too.

Someone said something about the steamable veggies...we love, love, love Pictsweet steamed edamame with sea salt! I crave salty stuff more than sweet stuff and these are a great afternoon snack that makes me feel like I have actually eaten something yummy!
  • boobear00
    boobear00 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    saving for later. Thanks everyone!