High Intensity workout

Options
Does anyone use the HIIT (High intensity) workout? I was reading about it yesterday. Just wondered what your thoughts are on it?

Replies

• JSK81114
    JSK81114 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's awesome! So easy to incorporate & easily adjusted to your fitness level. It really gets your heart pumping and muscles moving. I do it once or twice a week. Highly recommended!
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    I've done it via Turbo Fire. VERY effective. I was able to chart my calorie burn with my bodybugg and I was burning a pretty decent rate of cals well after I was done working out.
  • heatherfrancis
    Options
    I do it 3x a week. It definitely works!

Just started a new HIIT.

Walk fast for 2 min
    Run for 2 min
    Sprint as hard as you can for 1 min

Do this a total of 5 times=25 min

I also do Zumba 3x a week and weight train 2x a week.

I am on week 2 of this new program, and plan on doing it for 8 weeks for sure. I switch it up all the time. I just got done training for a half marathon, so I was doing loooooooooong runs and weight training, with some HIIT.
  • Qhoney24
    Qhoney24 Posts: 31
    Options
    Love them....
  • Horuke
    Horuke Posts: 11
    Options
    I use HIIT when I run. I like, it helps pack a lot into a short work out. I'm pretty happy with the results so far.
  • MOMSHOME
    MOMSHOME Posts: 72
    Options
    I used this yesterday as my workout on the bike (stationary bike) and felt good. Only worked out 10 minutes though. After the workout I was left feeling dizzy and a little nausiated. (I did not get sick though) Is this a normal reaction for the first time doing it. Another question I have is do I still do regular exercises too? Do I do them on the days I don't do HIIT? Do I do both in the same day? Or alternate them? (regular working one day and HIIT workout the next?) Have never done much working out before a couple of weeks ago, so I am new to all of this. Thanks you so much to everyone for your input.
  • MOMSHOME
    MOMSHOME Posts: 72
    Options
    Heatherfrancis....... Hope to get up to that in time.