Any other women trying to get down to a size 10 final goal?

Options

Replies

• craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'6", weigh 223, and am about a size 18 right now. but i have a very big frame. i have really wide shoulders, huge hands, feet, wrists, neck, and so on. honestly, if i took my skeleton out of my body and tried to put a pair of 2 jeans on it....they wouldn't fit. i think a size 10 is perfect for me =) i'd even be happy with maintaining a 12!!

at my "skinniest" at 185 in high school, i was a size 14 and my hip bones stuck out. i'm gonna see how i feel at that weight again before i decide if the 150's are really where i want my goal weight to be.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html

check out this site!! it will help you to see other people at your weight and goal weight. i think it's a helpful tool. i like the 150's for my height =)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and currently a size 10. My goal is a size 8. Prior to losing weight 2 years ago, 10 was always my goal but actually hitting the 8 was easy, so now i want to go back.
  • asilmegan34
    asilmegan34 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get down to a size 10 as well. I am 5'11 and I carry most of my weight in my stomach. Since I dont like low rise pants I pull them up to my belly button so that puts me in a bigger pant size. But wearing them that high that always fall down as I do not have much of a rump. :(
  • sparrows7
    sparrows7 Posts: 59
    Options
    I am just barely 5'4" and I am in a size 10 which is the largest I have ever been and I am in the overweight catagory. But I had a taller friend who was a size 10 and looked stick thin! Its all about the body type and height.
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and currently wear a size 10, but some 8s fit me. I'd still like to lose another 20lbs, so I'll be happy just being comfortable in an 8. Wearing a 10 is a pretty awesome feeling though!
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    Now Im 5ft 2 would love to be a size 10 was when I was a teenager,pre five children,doubt Ill ever see that again!!!Im just thinkin is american size 12 european size 10,I think it might be but not to sure.Anyone know?
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and I'd say a size 10 is as small as I could get. Back in the day when I was a size 10 I was really quite thin, and because I was tall people thought I was smaller then I was. I'm hippy too, a 10 would be heaven to see once more!

Katie
  • Wooogirlem
    Wooogirlem Posts: 12
    Options
    I would love to be a size 10 again!
  • VickiMitkins
    VickiMitkins Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    It does depend on frame size. I'm only 5"1", but very large frame. Most woment my size have a 5"-5 3/4" wrist, mine is 6 1/2", and the other measurements for neck, elbow, etc are essentially off the chart for 5'1" woman (for comparison wrist is essentially the same size as my 6ft husband who has a small to medium frame ). I was at a 16-18P before beginning this journey. I'm now down to a 12P and my original goal was and probably still is an Anne Taylor 10P. It really won't matter how thin I get, I will still be wearing an 8-10 because of my shoulders and hips. I think I will be very happy with that. I will also probably weigh about 145-150 when I get to my final goal. All the old charts say that is too heavy, but with my frame it's actually very healthy and I look hot.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'6", weigh 223, and am about a size 18 right now. but i have a very big frame. i have really wide shoulders, huge hands, feet, wrists, neck, and so on. honestly, if i took my skeleton out of my body and tried to put a pair of 2 jeans on it....they wouldn't fit. i think a size 10 is perfect for me =) i'd even be happy with maintaining a 12!!

at my "skinniest" at 185 in high school, i was a size 14 and my hip bones stuck out. i'm gonna see how i feel at that weight again before i decide if the 150's are really where i want my goal weight to be.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html

check out this site!! it will help you to see other people at your weight and goal weight. i think it's a helpful tool. i like the 150's for my height =)
    Wow that site is so awesome! Thank you much.
  • sfmathews
    sfmathews Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Back in my early 30's I could get into some size 8's, but people would tell me I was too thin. So yes, I think a 10 is great for us taller ladies. Also because I always see lots of 10 tall pants that no one buys and I want to be able to snatch up! :bigsmile:
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I think there is a misconception when it comes to clothing size. A year and a half ago, I was in a size 6. Back then, I drank lots of soda, smoked cigarettes, ate whatever I wanted and never gained an ounce. Some of the pics from that time and before, I looked sickly, though I was far from it. The biggest clothing I've worn was 18 in pants and 2X shirts. I'm in a size 16 now. A size 10 would be fabulous! Heck, I'd be happy in a 12! I have naturally large thighs and hips...I was never in anything smaller than a 6 and quite frankly, wouldn't want to be that small again, since it does make me looks sick.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Size 10 was my original goal, but the closer I get to my "happy weight," the more meaningless the size on the label seems to me. I have 6s, and 8s, and 10s, and even a pair of 12s, that fit equally well. I don't remember sizing being so messed up when I was younger. In the 1980s I wore a 10, period.
  • Xandralexa
    Xandralexa Posts: 87
    Options
    I wouldn't mind being a 10. I'm 5'10" and size 12 now. I don't want to be super skinny either, but since my goal is 165 & I'm medium framed, I think I'll be somewhat of a size 8 or less when I drop the pounds. I'm not sure tough.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Hurray! Another woman aiming to be a size 10! Thanks for that. :-)

I too am "blessed" with wide hips. Even when I was skinny (as in, I could feel my hip bones), I never went below a 10.

I am not trying to get skinny this time, rather I'm aiming for healthy and thin, but I'm still aiming for a size 10.
  • marber
    marber Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    A US size 10 is a UK size 14. I am 5'7 1/2 and have just got to a US size 10 and I still have 20lbs to lose to have a healthy BMI. So I think I will end up a US 8/10. I was originally a US 18/20.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and when I originally started losing weight, several years ago, I was bumping right up against 200 pounds and bursting out of a size 16...sometimes an 18. :grumble: I lost down to size 12 before I started gaining back, and I was ecstatic about that. Now I am back to losing and thinking a size 10 would maybe be better. I don't think I'll ever see single digits again, as I have large hips and boobs (which never get any smaller regardless how much weight I lose!). I wasn't even size 8 in high school!
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have a UK size 10 goal too, any less and I look ill.

I have a wardrobe going to waste, can't wait to be able to fit back comfortably into my lovely clothes again, and I will do it :smile:
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    oh yeah, I'm 5'6'', weigh 153 pounds, and am currently a size 12 (at most stores).
  • HayleyEdgar1
    Options
    i would love to be a size 10 also =) i and 5'2 and 229lbs.. and i hate it.. i was 159 then i ended up getting pregnant 2
    in a row and gained so much weight.. then i stopped eating after i had them and now i gained even more so i dont know what to do my youngest is now turning 10 months on the 11th.. i have no energy and i would love to lose weight and be a 10 with more energy so i can enjoy more free time with my girls and husband and want have to worry about ppl calling me fat or huge big overweight i just want the weight gone can anyone help me???? =(