Your Favorite NSV

Options
My fave NSV (non-scale-victory, for the new folks if you didn't know) so far has been walking up hills; before it would be a bit hard going, but now it's like I glide up hills and stairs like they're nothing. Oh, and smaller panties, that NSV rocked too.

I see NSV's posted here a lot, and I was curious as to what your favorite ones have been so far.

Replies

• baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    My favorite one was when I was demonstrating (to my husband, in our home... thankfully :blushing: ) that my hips wouldn't let my slightly too large jeans fall off and they actually came off, without unzipping or unbuttoning or anything. :laugh:... I then went to Value Village and bought jeans TWO sizes smaller. :bigsmile:
  • justimogen
    justimogen Posts: 76
    Options
    This may sound silly.

The other day I was passing through a hallway and had to get by a small group of people. I didn't think I had enough room and started to get very self-conscious as I approached them. I said excuse me but they didn't move much. I gave it a shot and ended up waltzing through with room on both sides, to spare. :smile:
  • CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    Options
    OMG, that's a great one, Baisleac!
  • skinnydaydreams
    Options
    To make dancing my carreer and to do audition for so you think you can dance :)
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    MY NSV is also my biggest bummer!!

I tried on my capri pants that were too tight last year, but the bummer..... they are my favorites and now are too big!!! :sad: :bigsmile:
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    My favorite one was when I was demonstrating (to my husband, in our home... thankfully :blushing: ) that my hips wouldn't let my slightly too large jeans fall off and they actually came off, without unzipping or unbuttoning or anything. :laugh:... I then went to Value Village and bought jeans TWO sizes smaller. :bigsmile:

one of my fav NSV is similiar to yours but it started out as a downer, :sad: I was putting on a pair of capris- that should have fit I thought but I was having trouble getting them up :grumble: and then I looked down--i forgot to unbutton and unzip-:blushing: -once on they were tooooo biiiigggg!! woo hoo:noway: :love:
  • Jonicha26
    Jonicha26 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My NSVs have been the best part about all of this... the number on the scale may not always say what I want it to, but there are a lot of NSVs I'm proud of. Working through two of Jillian Michael's 30 Day DVDs, seeing my body take on a new shape, going from a size 12 to wearing an 8 and even sometimes a 6 (I sobbed when I zipped up those pants!), laughing every time I put on some item of clothing and discovering it's way too big, and hearing all my friends say, "You get smaller every time I see you!" It all feels so good -- knowing that I am taking control of this aspect of my life. That I am the only person who can do this for me... and I am going to do it!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    My favorite by far happened a couple weeks ago. A little background first...I fall down all the time- my friends aren't even sympathetic anymore, it's that bad. LOL! Seriously though, I've got a depth perception problem and am a huge clutz. So usually the following scenario would have had me on my butt and possibly ended with a broken bone as well...

I was out with my hubby riding along in our railcar and we had to cut down a tree that had fallen across the tracks. So we'd chopped and sawed this thing for like 20 minutes and it finally came apart. I'm tugging on a broken branch to help get it out of the way and CRACK, that little branch broke right off while my full effort was pulling on it. I stumbled back quite a few steps but somehow managed to STAY ON MY FEET! Holy crap!!

I totally attribute that to being lighter and more fit these days than I ever have been. My flexibility and strength and balance have vastly improved and that scenario is pure proof!! Woot!
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Seeing a friend I hadn't seen in a while, and she said, "wow... you look great."
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    - Slipping off jeans without unbuttoning them was very cool for me too.
    - Tossing away a bunch of granny panties and buying new ones that are pretty was also very nice.
    - Rescuing boxes full of clothes that fit again from the garage.
    - Fitting into the dress I got married in 11 years ago was the one that made me cry though. Wow - I just realized I'm gonna have to find somewhere to wear it in the next couple of months before it's too big! Ok, then THAT will definitely be the best one!
  • c_ramey
    c_ramey Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My favorite NSV:

When I went to have my driver's license renewed yesterday, the clerk argued with me that I was not the same person that was in my old driver's license. I told her of my weight loss, and for the first time since I have been driving I have the correct weight on my license!

My most imortant NSV:

When I weighed this morning, my weight put me into the healthy BMI range for my height!! Very excited!!
  • mrswellness
    mrswellness Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    For me is was someone other than my husband or family, noticing that I had lost weight
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Love reading everyone's nsv's here is a couple of mine

My back boobs are gone
    everything i try on fit's or is baggy :)
    and my #1 so far
    went to visit my son a couple weeks ago (had not seen him in 3 months)
    he told me I looked fantastic and he was so proud of me :blushing: made my year!!
  • tlee85
    tlee85 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    this morning in the shower when i noticed i have ankles again!! :)
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    1. I was meeting a friend at the park. As I walked up to her, she saw me but then looked away and kept looking around. When I approached her she was so taken aback that it was me. She said she didn't even recognize me!

2. I used to frequent a Mexican restaraunt by my house all the time. I knew all the servers and bussers from being friendly and eating there so much. I moved away and came back to visit about 5 months later. The entire night, everyone was commenting about how great I looked and asked me what I was doing. It was a little embarrassing, but a great confidence boost!

3. One morning I woke up and realized I could feel my hip bones. It was crazy!

4. Realizing that I can achieve whatever I set my mind to. If I can lose 33lbs and maintain a healthy lifestyle, I can do pretty much anything.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Bra being too loose on the first, second, and third row, when it originally was too tight in the first row! Love it!
  • danapearl
    danapearl Posts: 8
    Options
    More room in my closet after cleaning out so many fat clothes.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Definitely this...

2011-07-01_12-47-56_758.jpg

I'm still on bp meds, but after only 2 months of working out, my doctor cut it from 50 mg a day to 25 mg a day. I'm hoping when I go see her on the 26th, maybe I can come off them.
  • eamconnor
    eamconnor Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Definitely this...

2011-07-01_12-47-56_758.jpg

I'm still on bp meds, but after only 2 months of working out, my doctor cut it from 50 mg a day to 25 mg a day. I'm hoping when I go see her on the 26th, maybe I can come off them.

This one is so moving.
  • DevanEve
    DevanEve Posts: 130
    Options
    My favorite NSV is when I tried to hold my pants up with an old belt and it was two loop holes too small! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!