SPIKES

Options
Is anyone else experiencing that they lose say 8lbs and wake up the next day and find they've gained 4lbs literally overnight having done nothing wrong?? needless to say it is discouraging and when you're on that scale the only thing you want to do is throw in the towel and spend the whole day eating nothing but chocolate and fries (maybe the last part is just me). after a few days continuing with your plan those 3lbs come off again but come on!!! what a test of willpower!!!! now for the question of this topic: DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT CAUSES THIS?

I think that if i know what causes it i can feel better on those days and muster up more willpower,it has already happened to me a few times and each time it is harder.

i dont want to hear how i shouldnt worry about it and that its normal : i know that, i want to know WHY it happens. I also dont want to hear : are you sure you didnt do anything wrong the day before? i don't. trust me i would remember if i hung around on the couch all day eating 4lbs of food (since it is the only way it would happen in my head).

Replies

• kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    im not totally sure but i hear lots of ppl saying they gain overnight because of water retention. This also hapns 2 me but i dont know how 2 tell if thats what it is because i dont get bloated that i notice. Its odd, i wont tell u not 2 worry lol!!! :bigsmile:
  • brandihutchinson
    Options
    I've been told to only weigh myself once a week and I believe in it. I will go through the same spikes if I weigh myself everyday. I don't know why you spike so much, maybe water weight or something else, but I would recommend only weighing yourself once a week and see how that works. :)