Accuracy of Calorie Counts?

Options
jazpiri
jazpiri Posts: 114 Member
So, I am just curious as to how accurate everyone thinks these calorie estimates are that we are given each day. Are people finding that the amount of suggested calories consumed are reasonable? I.E. are you seeing results based on the recommendations vs what/how many calories you actually eat in a day?

Replies

• jazpiri
    jazpiri Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    So, I am just curious as to how accurate everyone thinks these calorie estimates are that we are given each day. Are people finding that the amount of suggested calories consumed are reasonable? I.E. are you seeing results based on the recommendations vs what/how many calories you actually eat in a day?
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    When I stick to it really well, yes, I do. For my body, though, it works better when I stick to it and INCLUDE exercise and the calories that go with it. When I just do the eating part, I don't gain, but I don't lose any either.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think they're reasonably accurate. I've had success-- and when I'm in doubt, I overestimate the calories I'm ingesting so I don't run the risk of overeating.
  • mead
    mead Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    they are accurare i was told by my dr that for every pound that you want it is 10 calories to say my small goal is 170 and i was given 1710 cals so i'd say real close

20370.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I find them to be very accurate. I showed the numbers for all the various nutrional components to a nutrionalist and she agreed with them all and found the site to be sound.